News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassi

Quote from: Kendra on March 05, 2018, 02:53:38 PM
Girl, please be careful!  HRT reduces muscle mass and that includes your back.  There is also an upside - correctly monitored HRT can reduce or halt bone density loss from aging - but your brain hasn't had time to adapt to reduced lifting strength. 

When I was younger I lifted a Ford 289 V-8 engine block off a bench and set it onto my truck's tailgate.  I had an engine crane nearby but it was faster to just pick the thing up myself.  The engine block was empty (no crankshaft etc) but these days I can't even open a new kitchen jar without using oil filter pliers.

Funny you should mention this.  Just a little while ago I was trying to put some plates I wash back into the cupboard and actually had 4 of them together which wasn't an issue before but had issues holding them and I've only been on the HRT for two months.
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

Well I did reply but it went walkabout!!!! Yes have lifted my bare 340 mopar block from the floor to the bench. Have an old back injury and the twisting motion of lifting the bag up the last steps 3 at a time and then climbing aggravated it.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Cassi

Quote from: davina61 on March 05, 2018, 04:27:15 PM
Well I did reply but it went walkabout!!!! Yes have lifted my bare 340 mopar block from the floor to the bench. Have an old back injury and the twisting motion of lifting the bag up the last steps 3 at a time and then climbing aggravated it.

BE CAREFUL!!!!!
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

davina61

back has got much better thanks, anyway went to Hot Rod club night yesterday and wore my skinny jeans that used to be baggy around the bum. They are not baggy anymore!!!!!!! Still trying to co-ordinate my friend to sign deed pol so need to work out my next day off and go with him to my solicitor. Wanted to get my manager to sort my next lieu day today so as I have the day of tomorrow I could arrange  every thing but he never got around to it. Docs first thing for jab then need to get some new work boots, feel a cake bake coming.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

bobbisue

Good luck with the doc and finding some nice work boots I am having a bugger of a time finding some nice work boots as I am a size 12 I found an awesome pair online but they only go to a size 11  :( I am glad your back is feeling better

bobbisue :)
[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

davina61

Went for my injection first thing, she said is it painful and I nearly did a Devlin as the reply  went through my mind "its just a little prick, well It is after this!!" but I am too polite and said its fine thanks . Right of to the shop for boots, hand cream, wine ! that's not a shopping list you see every day.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on March 08, 2018, 03:23:10 AM
Went for my injection first thing, she said is it painful and I nearly did a Devlin as the reply  went through my mind "its just a little prick, well It is after this!!" but I am too polite and said its fine thanks . Right of to the shop for boots, hand cream, wine ! that's not a shopping list you see every day.

May be a little unusual but a mighty fine list though ;D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Cassi

Ah, such a party animal! :)
HRT since 1/04/2018
  •  

Shy

Quote from: davina61 on March 08, 2018, 03:23:10 AM

Ha, had a flashback of Crocodile Dundee. 'That's not a needle, this is a needle!' Your nurse wasn't an Aussie by any chance? ;D

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

davina61

The new work boots, well always been a size 10 (uk) but tried on some 9s and they fit perfectly and after 1 day did not make my feet sore.. Rushing this morning and took my old patch off then forgot to put the new one on. First thing tonight so sorted now. My new breast forms came , not sure if I have done the right thing by ordering tear drop shape as they need gluing at the top to stay put and blend but a much better shape.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Bari Jo

Davina did you get gender affirming work boots?  I've been trying to find some.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

bobbisue

There are some nice gender affirming work boots out there if your feet are not too big most go to us size 10 or 11 sadly I need a size 12 I might have to settle for pink laces but I am still looking

[ gotta be me everyone else is taken ]
started HRT june 16 2017              
Out to all my family Oct 21 2017 no rejections
Fulltime Dec 9 2017 ahead of schedule
First pass Dec 11 2017
  •  

Bari Jo

Quote from: bobbisue on March 09, 2018, 08:52:04 PM
      There are some nice gender affirming work boots out there if your feet are not too big most go to us size 10 or 11 sadly I need a size 12 I might have to settle for pink laces but I am still looking

Bobbisue please let me know, pm please.  I've been using red wings and although they are comfortable, they make me sad every time I see them.

Bari Jo
you know how far the universe extends outward? i think i go inside just as deep.

10/11/18 - out to the whole world.  100% friends and family support.
11/6/17 - came out to sister, best day of my life
9/5/17 - formal diagnosis and stopping DIY in favor if prescribed HRT
6/18/17 - decided to stop fighting the trans beast, back on DIY.
Too many ups and downs, DIY, purges of self inbetween dates.
Age 10 - suppression and denial began
Age 8 - knew I was different
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on March 09, 2018, 02:31:11 PM
The new work boots, well always been a size 10 (uk) but tried on some 9s and they fit perfectly and after 1 day did not make my feet sore.. Rushing this morning and took my old patch off then forgot to put the new one on. First thing tonight so sorted now. My new breast forms came , not sure if I have done the right thing by ordering tear drop shape as they need gluing at the top to stay put and blend but a much better shape.

I have teardrop ones that I bought quite some time ago and have worn very rarely....they do look great and can be glued on or simply inserted in the correct size bra. Hope they look great on you  :D
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Had a captive for the weekend but she has slipped my grasp again, force fed her home made veg samosas followed by veg curry and chicken and tomato curry then salmon curry all with rice and roti (flat breads) After dragging her to see my drag car and camper ect she was forced to eat a ham salad . That nearly kept her here as she started to slip into a cationic state but a cup of brownish liquid with milk and sugar  must have been the antidote. Just hope her 2 wheeled steed gets her home ok, have a week off soon so promised to seek her out and force feed a curry again!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Shy

I bet you're a wonderful host Davina, and your curries are legendary. Was the brownish liquid tea or chai? ;D

Sadie
  •  

davina61

No Sadie coffee the elixir of life!!!!! The work boots brown suede effect steel toe cap ankle cut , they will soon be black and oily!!!!! Its a mucky job working on cars.   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Had to go to the other branch today to cover testing, they couldn't organize a p**S up in a brewery if some one opened the bottles and put the glasses out ready. Changed the order they wanted the tests done in and then didn't tell me (working of a sheet/list) and got arsy as started to test the "wrong" one . My reply did not go down well!!!!!!!! and then my last test was at 3.10 so did some paper work, went in office and there is a 4pm test on the board . Its now 4.30 and was told could leave at 5, said that's great thanks for telling me and he said its been on the board all day, turns out some one had booked on line and the other receptionist never said. He did apologise but that meant it  was 5 .20 when I left work and due to the road works took me over 1/2 an hour to get 3miles . Have to go on a diversion of  4 or 5 miles as well due to road closed through centre of town so took me nearly 1hour to do 20 min journey . On the 20th they are also closing a road that's part of the diversion (WTF) rant, rant. Wish I could retire now, anyway of to docs in the morning for check up first thing so will take it slow going to work after (they can bloody well wait!!!!)
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Now now now Miss Davina you just calm yourself down before you pop a freeze plug. It's not worth getting all worked up over. It happened. It's over. You survived.
   Good Girl.

I'm glad you fed your waif well before sending her on here way. She did show me a picture of you slaving over a hot stove with a big smile on your face.

Hugs,
    Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Shy

One of those days eh, Davina? We all get 'em and we all like to forget 'em. Hope today is better for you :).

Sadie
  •