Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dena

It's supposed to hit 113 degrees today here (45C). Trade you.  ;D I am inside with the temperature set to 79 (26C) and almost no humidity so it's very comfortable.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on July 07, 2018, 03:28:40 PM
No air con in private homes in UK as it never gets that hot????? .....

I can remember being in London for the English summer expecting temps in the mid 20's cel however that particular year it got really hot (by English standards 32c) and it became ever so evident how ill equipped the English were for a heat wave but to be fair it would be like a blizzard hitting Adelaide...we would have no hope of coping either...hope you manage to cool down!!

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Still hot!! gave up down my unit midday but ran out of paint anyway. Did my duck curry and kept the sauce to cook some more. The recipe was for 6 and only used 2 breasts but made the full amount, freezer again. The contact no to get residence passes for access to my road is wrong , great as without the pass wont be able to drive to my flat. Good job I am on hols that week as main street though town will be closed for3 days. Might have to go and see whats on as it is free, weather forecast is cooler that week. On the diet front have lost 4lb , just another 24 to go then-------
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: davina61 on July 08, 2018, 01:48:01 PM
> The recipe was for 6 and only used 2 breasts
I only want two of those, definitely not six.  Surgery tomorrow.

> On the diet front have lost 4lb
This is significant.  Congratulations! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Katie Jade

Lol - me too - but don't want to buy them - prefer home grown :) - Looks like that's OK for me as well...
Katie

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

LizK

Still hot!! gave up down my unit midday but ran out of paint anyway. Did my duck curry and kept the sauce to cook some more. The recipe was for 6 and only used 2 breasts but made the full amount, freezer again. The contact no to get residence passes for access to my road is wrong , great as without the pass wont be able to drive to my flat. Good job I am on hols that week as main street though town will be closed for3 days. Might have to go and see whats on as it is free, weather forecast is cooler that week. On the diet front have lost 4lb , just another 24 to go then-------

Congrats on the weight loss I am sure the other 24 will continue their dissappearing act over the next few weeks...hope you get you access sorted out

take care

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Got a knock on the door last night, the lad in the next door flat found a pile of passes dumped in the porch!!!! sorted. All I have left to say is sore itchy tits.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

mittenskittens

Yay been reading this post for a few days finally caught up. Loving this post really motivational for my transition.
  •  

davina61

Glad I kept you entertained, now being a good Samaritan I helped a lady delivery driver putting a very large battery into here van (return) and it triggered a damaged muscle in my back/hip . Well its top of pelvis to spine sort of, anyhow struggled through yesterday at work but gave up 11.30 this morning as to uncomfortable . Only time I get relief is sat down and then getting up ouch!!! Have managed to book massage 3pm so hope that sorts it, let you know later. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Jessica

Quote from: davina61 on July 10, 2018, 07:49:36 AM
Glad I kept you entertained, now being a good Samaritan I helped a lady delivery driver putting a very large battery into here van (return) and it triggered a damaged muscle in my back/hip . Well its top of pelvis to spine sort of, anyhow struggled through yesterday at work but gave up 11.30 this morning as to uncomfortable . Only time I get relief is sat down and then getting up ouch!!! Have managed to book massage 3pm so hope that sorts it, let you know later.

Hopefully the massage helped you!  I have occasional issues in that area (sciatica) and need to use proper body mechanics to keep it from flaring up.

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

davina61

Yes I could walk up the stairs with no discomfort, going back next week for a follow up, now being a good Samaritan and then suffering was a bit off. But went to see Debs for reflexology and back massage , now Debs went to school with my sister and have known here for ----years on and off. I have a new friend!!!!!! so a good deed does get payed back.
Hopefully get to go to Blues Festival with her and some of her friends, she sings in a band (not at this though ) and knows a lot of folk. 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well Evesham  had to brace itself today as went with mum and aunty and uncle , still struggling with my back so hoped the walking would help. Ended up getting strong pain killers!!!! but then could manage ok. WE had fish and chips ,did some charity shops (got a top for 99p) and then went to supermarket for supplies. Got a new "stock" pan to make my curry's as the one mum gave me catches as the non stick sticks. Found some Okra as well and then at the checkout I got ma'amed , happy days. didn't get back till 7.30 pm so my night out with the hot rod gang is off but then backs still very sore. Wore my sage green shirt dress, just right for temp. Got some looks but I just ignored them, nothing stops me
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Kendra

Davina PLEASE be careful now that you've passed the half year mark with HRT.  I almost threw my back out a couple months ago lifting heavy furniture.  Something I could have safely lifted previously has become impossible as I have lost muscle mass.  I don't regret it - I've traded one set of advantages for another but can't have both.

I am starting to understand the social differences among genders isn't just odd tradition (although some of it is), a few differences are out of necessity.  Hope your back gets better soon. 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

davina61

Its not the HRT, old injury that can go out just reaching for some thing . Muscle knots up and its been giving me grief for the past 10 years or so. Went out once picking up an empty box of a counter!!!! Normally takes a week to clear , hoping it is quicker as if Debby can sort it out with the (tired can think what its called, foot massage)  and back on Tuesday.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Go go go for  those massages girl.
You need to get them when you don't really need them for any Physical issue as you deserve them anyway.
Hot it sorts soon
Katie
:angel:

•  

davina61

Better today after taking painkillers, fast acting !!!!! took nearly 3 hours to kick in(what) took some more after 4 hours and started to feel a bit spaced out. May not have been those as over the counter ones. Still 2 more days to holiday, not going away but will see my daughter on Monday and its the Blues festival at the end of the week.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

mittenskittens

Do you think muscle mass loss on hormones will be noticeable even on a weak body like mine? im skinny lol

hope you get better and it all clears up!
  •  

davina61

Not noticed any muscle loss yet but then never had much to start with, the ex has bigger arm muscles than me!!! Tried my new pan tonight , its larger than the element and had to have it flat out just to do some mince, its aluminium maybe the steel one would have been better??? I have a smaller ali hob to oven pot and that takes ages to get hot as well .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

I can send you my address so you can send some of your delicious sounding works of culinary art to me (FOC of course) -= We should have a Trans chef or trans 'buns in the oven' competition on ITV/BBC I think. After all we are better than normal people anyway :) (We know all sides of the gender sphere after all..)
Katie

:angel: :angel: >:-) :angel: :angel:

•  

davina61

Going to make a chicken, potato and carrot curry to take to the daughters on Monday just to make you hungry!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•