News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on August 09, 2018, 03:16:09 PM
Forgot to say but had a "serve this lady" in the pub Tuesday night, been struggling with my back and not having a day of getting to see Deb to do reflexology was hard. Well she did it and a back massage tonight and the pain has gone, shoulder and neck better   as well. 8th month HRT update, not much happening but nipples are getting bigger and the "normal" pain continues .

NO Pain NO Gain Baby!!!

There is nothing like some unexpected affirmation to make a girl feel good asbout herself.

Liz
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

davina61

Got a message from Gender GP they want to increase my E patch by a 1/3rd , no argument from me!!!!!!! At the risk of getting a slap from a mod the tale of a bit of banter today at work. Manager to assistant " you useless c (word not  allowed) " then said "no a word not allowed is useful" to that I said why do you think I want one !!!!!!!  Chuckles all round. I know not very lady like but a bit of fun. Might be going to see my BFF sing tomorrow night that's if I can find it as she knows village but not whereabouts the venue is.If that was me I would want to know first but (makes me think of Laurie) she just plays it by ear.
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

LizK

It's like when you make that risky Trans joke amongst cis people and there is and inaudible gasp before polite smiles and laughter. I have found that laughing at yourself totally disarms most people, joking is unexpected especially if its self-effacing in its topic.

First time I said something like that to my brother there was a long pause before he realised I was joking...All this stuff changes overnight the moment you come out as trans. Intelligence and sense of humour seem to be the first things we lose according to our detractors...but what the heck do they know  ;D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

I have been a busy girl, went to watch Deb sing last night and overdressed!!! Wore my designer dress and gold shoes, would have been fine in jeans and top. Never mind at least got to wear it out. Debs is a good singer but she has done cruise ships and clubs, it was the new bands first gig and still finding there feet a bit but was overall ok. As the band was doing it for free they had drinks on the house so Deb who wasn't going to drink ended up on 6 vodka and cokes so guess who had to drive her home and then take her to pick her car up this morning. Did a bit to the panel but stuck till I have some bits so out of some "scrap" made a jewellery stand. brass plug in top a piece of pipe and the backing from a flap disc with label still on as base. The arms are from a peg board display and made of alli so polish up nice, tube painted with metallic purple and then clear varnished. Would love to do stuff like this to make a living . Went to see BFF as she thought she was being scammed about going on a tv show but looks OK to me, she does have a genuine phone no to check tomorrow. Rushed up to see her and still wearing my sloppy house work clothes and long hair as my short one was drying , when I said wearing this because she said why do you wear it in the house. Now this is my dysphoria and felt myself going just talking about it, getting teary now . ,any way heres a pic of the band and the stand I made   
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Katie Jade

Band looks good, stand is something I need, but maybe a wider base??
All my solid gold and titanium necklaces and such  may cause it to topple over (Well Im sure all my jewellery from Matalan is solid gold...)
Looking forward to seeing you in B'ham

TC
Katie

:angel: :angel:

Post Op Sept 2023...... that took a very long time....
  •  

davina61

Now I thought the base was not big enough but hung a heavy pair of shears off the top and it didn't topple, arms are angled up a bit so stuff slides in anyway. Have plans for some more designs, stay tuned.
Very tired today, got to middle afternoon and energy just went. Over worked and not enough rest or days off, still trying to get my lieu day that's owed me  having worked 2 six day weeks flat out and my ancient body cant keep up. Early to bed me thinks ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Northern Star Girl

@davina61
Dear Davina:  In my experience, if you are going to make a mistake, it is much better to be overdressed than it would be to be under-dressed.   I am glad that you were there to be the designated driver for Deb and that she is safe.... it is nice that she has you as a caring friend.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
It is difficult for me to see the scale and size of the jewellery stand that you made.   My first thought is that it looks like I could hang my garden tools and home repair tools on it.   I will be most interested in seeing it when you finish it and perhaps hang some necklaces on it so I can better see how it looks to proper scale.

My needs are for a little lighter application, thin necklaces, earrings, etc.... and at WalMart for $1.99 I found this "device" that I use as a jewellery and earring holder.  (left click image to enlarge)

Again, please post a photo your finished product... it will be interesting for all of us to see.

Thank you for your post and thread update.
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

Think the arms are about 4ins long and its about 10ins tall, paint was still soft so left it down my unit. Will bring it home next weekend or sooner if I go down.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Davina, I thought your stand was larger than you explained.  It makes sense now.  The screw driver in the background should have given me a clue as to its scale.

Danielle, I love that idea of finding new uses for common items. 

Judi
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

You have been a busy girl...I think the jewelery tower will work a treat...

Don't you just hate spending all that time and effort to look fabulous and there ends up being no one around to appreciates it.... Good thing is, you got to enjoy it but that's not really the point is it. The last thing we want normally is to be calling attention to ourselves unless of course we are looking for a date!

GD sucks.

Take care
Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

Still feeling over tired after a good sleep but not so bad as yesterday, just feel drained. When I got home some one was moving into one of the flats ,OK I was in my work gear but got "mate" . Later went out wearing jeans look leggings, long sleeve blue T with a black dress/top over and saw them again. Oh did have a bit of make up on and this time didn't get the "mate"!!!!!! Went to help my BFF sort train ticket for tomorrow and give her some moral support not that she will need it. On a downer broke a bit of a tooth this morning eating my granola and I don't have a dentist, will see how it goes as its just a bit rough against my tongue .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Oh I'm sorry to hear about your tooth.  Please do get it looked at so it doesn't get infected and cause bigger problems. 

Don't worry about the mis-gendering as any woman dressed similarly would have experienced the same.  As you later got the proper response it shows all is well. 
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: davina61 on August 14, 2018, 03:44:39 PM
Still feeling over tired after a good sleep but not so bad as yesterday, just feel drained. When I got home some one was moving into one of the flats ,OK I was in my work gear but got "mate" . Later went out wearing jeans look leggings, long sleeve blue T with a black dress/top over and saw them again. Oh did have a bit of make up on and this time didn't get the "mate"!!!!!! Went to help my BFF sort train ticket for tomorrow and give her some moral support not that she will need it. On a downer broke a bit of a tooth this morning eating my granola and I don't have a dentist, will see how it goes as its just a bit rough against my tongue .

Mis gendering sucks anyway you look at it. Cis women hate when it happens so you have every right to hate it too. For us pronouns hold huge significance and far too much power. I am just a bad as everyone else and have been known to have a mimi meltdowns over being misgendered.

Ouch to the tooth...there is nothing worse than having issues with your teeth. I no longer have mine...I dropped my top denture about 12 months ago and it chipped a peice off one of the teeth leaving a sharp jagged piece. Out to the shed, pulled out the little electric hand tool with the various attachments (like a Dremel) and used a tiny grinding stone to smooth out the tooth taking off the really sharp edges. It still looks a little odd giving me a slightly croked grin but it sorted out the problem in the short term. I need to actually file it some more to make the tooth appear straight and less like and after thought...or I could just leave things well alone  :D
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

davina61

Woke up this morning (always a good thing!!!) to find a text on the mobile, daughter gave birth at 12.33 this morning to a girl and they have called her Poppy.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

LizK

Hey Grandma Davina   :laugh:

How doe that feel...Congrats hope Mum and bubs are both well.

Take care

Liz
HRT since 17 May 2016,
GCS 4 December 2018
  •  

Kendra

Quote from: davina61 on August 15, 2018, 07:11:02 AM
Woke up this morning (always a good thing!!!) to find a text on the mobile, daughter gave birth at 12.33 this morning to a girl and they have called her Poppy.

Wow!  Such great news, congratulations Davina! 
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: davina61 on August 15, 2018, 07:11:02 AM

@davina61
Dear Grandma
Congratulations to you and to your daughter for the new arrival...  I am certain that little Poppy will get overflowing attention from Grandma Davina ....   every time you go shopping I am sure that you will be looking for cute little outfits and other items that you will find.

Thanks for posting your very good news....
Hugs,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

JudiBlueEyes

Congratulations Davina!

Yes getting up is always a good start to the day!
Judi
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

Not had any more news so looks like doing OK, she was 6lb 12 not bad.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Just found a photo of Poppy in my e mail , a little cutie . The very BIG boss came into work today and talking to him said only have a bit over 2 1/2 years till I retire . He went off to look at other stuff and came back "what did you mean not long till you retire?" so said I was 63 and he was taken aback!!! When he left ( he did ask about if I had any probs at work coming out) he said looking good. Took my BFF grocery shopping tonight, in the 33% of shelf was some Baltic smoked cod (Polish) and some corn on the cob so that was tonight tea. Flaked cod with (micro waved !!) corn and some of the dry curried veg. Very nice but the bones are a pain to sort out.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•