Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Davina's diary

Started by davina61, July 05, 2017, 04:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donica

Hi Davina! Gosh it sure seemed like a long weekend. Glad we're back! We all have some catching up to do.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

davina61

Saying catching up but my internet went down, then last night was open mic----- Not helping that I now work from 8 am to 6 pm and don't get back home till 6.30 at best. Trade off is I get 2 days off a week YES!!!!. Took the washboard to open mic , did some "quiet" practice with a whisk. There was a BIG mash up at the end of the night so I went for it, must have done good as been asked (by the lady that runs this one) to go to a different pub open mic on Tues as they have no percussion. Making a sponge cake for Emily at work as it was her 21st today and nobody knew, will take it tomorrow. Not lost any weight yet but not been busy at work (normally very busy they told me) still breaking me in gently. Asked about time off for UK meetup, no problem manager said. Things are looking up
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Shy

You make doing the washing sound like fun Davina ;) Glad thing are looking better for you.

Peace and love and all that good stuff,

Sadie
  •  

davina61

Since having the anti T injection have noticed some more changes, think I was right the last one was not done correctly. The girls are filling out again as in rounding out and skin gone dry again, lots of body cream then!! Cake went down well at work, didn't come out as light as normal but used mixer and think it knocked the air out of the mix (or was it the 666 and 3 egg mix?) . One of the lads is leaving next Fri (I have known him for 5 years) so will make a cake for him, not decided what yet but might be a coffee walnut one. Got Thurs off so will have more time.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

Oh Davina! I love German Chocolate cake with lots of coconut? Or how about carrot cake? YUM!!! Oh! and then there's Red Velvet? (I think that's what it's called?). Gosh! I can't decide either.

Glad to hear your HRT is going well again. I love it when the girls grow. I just wish they wouldn't take their time at it.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@Davina
Dear Davina:
Almost every time I come to your thread I seem to get enticed to come to visit you so you can spoil me with your great cooking and baking offerings....

I agree with what @Donica stated about German Chocolate Cake frosting...  lots of Coconut and certainly for me, lots of chopped pecans.   When I make a German Chocolate Cake I generously lather on the frosting and then with the leftover frosting I will put it in my refrigerator and use it to to spread on graham crackers for a night time treat.

You mentioned that you were considering making a Coffee Walnut cake...  I am not certain that I have heard of that one yet...  what are the basics of that cake? ???

I trust that your HRT is continuing to work well for you in spite of the previously "bad" injection....  your "girls" that are rounding out are a great sign that things are working in your favor.

Thank you for keeping your thread updated frequently... 
...always one of my first stops when I log into the Forums.

Hugs and well wishes,
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

davina61

coffee flavoured cake with chopped walnuts coated in coffee flavoured butter icing decorated with walnut 1/2 s .  @Alaskan Danielle yours is one of my go to reads as well , far more interesting than mine !! Yes nipples very "sore" today but its getting near a full moon --- 
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Don't worry about the full moon unless the girls start to get really hairy. Then I hope you are good a dodging silver bullets. LOL

Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Nicole70

Quote from: Alaskan Danielle on January 18, 2019, 03:49:22 PM
@Davina

You mentioned that you were considering making a Coffee Walnut cake...  I am not certain that I have heard of that one yet...  what are the basics of that cake? ???

I made a coffee walnut cake last week for my mum's birthday, it's her favourite.

The recipe I used was

175g/6 oz self raising flour
175g/6 oz of margarine
175g/6 oz caster sugar
5ml/ 1tsp baking powder
3 eggs
6 teaspoons of instant coffee, in 20ml of boiling water
100g walnuts bashed to break them up into smaller pieces

Blend all ingredients except nuts and coffee together until light, add the coffee and nuts stir in at first then blend.

Put mixture into two cake trays which have the base covered with a round piece of greaseproof paper. Flatten and tap a bit to remove bubbles from the mixture

Bake @ 190C / 375F for 16- 20 minutes, it's ready when you lightly touch the sponge and it springs back. After a few minutes loosen the sides of the sponge and turn out onto a tray to cool.

I filled with whipped cream and topped with white, and milk chocolate.

it's yummy!

Hope you enjoy!

Nicole

•  

davina61

sounds like the same recipe I have , working on panel tomorrow and hoping to get the rear overhead unit done.
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

Oh Dear!!! My mouth is HOWLING!!!
  •  

davina61

typo !!!!! Its not that high!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

davina61

Well I did make most of the ROOF unit , its just a very small enclosed shelf TBH over the head of the bed that has a light in the base and storage . POIDH later as took it apart again to primer the wood . Cooked a very nice lamb curry this afternoon, slow cook the cubed meat in water with turmeric , ginger and garlic for 50 mins then take the meat out . The stock can be used in a different lamb dish. Fry onion, ginger/garlic add ground coriander and garam masala green chilli and dried red chilli cook and add meat . Its a very dry dish so it was a good job I cooked a pepper and sweetcorn  curry as well!!! Enough left for 2 or 3 days meals. My youngest's birthday Tues and forgot to take his card today as went past house so its the long way round home tomorrow after work .
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

So you are telling us you had your rear overhead and done, then you lowered your rear back down because you are going to prime it. Is that about right? A question please... Just what are you priming your rear for?

•  

JudiBlueEyes

Laurie!  There are questions we don't ask in polite company. 

(Although we would like to know Davina)
But now old friends they're acting strange
They shake their heads, they say I've changed
Well something's lost, but something's gained
In living every day.
  •  

davina61

for the top coat of course!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Laurie

Is that similar to the revolutionary Red Coats?  Are the British coming, again?

>:-) >:-) >:-) ;D

•  

davina61

I would if I had the dough, me and my army!!!
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•  

Donica

Oh my Davina! Where ever is your thread going with all this? ;D
  •  

davina61

You cant beat a bit of banter!!! Any ways first chance to post as had a rush on the last 2 nights getting ready for open mic nights . Got some practise in Tues night on the washboard quietly at back of room and last night joined in with tambourine as well . Got told to play louder!!  to be heard over guitars (well they are amped up) so cant be doing to bad. We had a good laugh and jam session . Works been fine and wrist holding up , right time to make a chicken and leek pie so back laters
GRS 2021 5th Nov

•