Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Happy moment

Started by MeTony, July 20, 2017, 07:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeTony

I was at an appointment with my new psychiatric nurse. It was a good experience. She was so easy to talk to. She said, if she had not known I was born a woman, she would not have guessed I was anything but a normal guy.

She is checking my blood pressure and side effects of my psychiatric medicines. But she is also a "talk therapist". I can go there to talk to her when I need it.

My last nurse had a stick up her *** and was very hard to talk to. She was so strict and narrow minded. We did not work out at all. I have high hopes for this nurse. She trans-friendly.
  •  

Laurie

Hi Tonie,

It was nice to read you like the nurse you now have. Having someone you like and are comfortable with is such a help to us that feel different. For me that is my oncologist. Out appointments are always more like visit as we socialize talking about her two kids and my grandchildren or my latest escape on the road. At least half the visit is like that then she get down to business and becomes the doctor. Regardless I still think of her as a friend. Of the three I see regularly medical people I see regularly, she is my favorite though she doesn't always have good news.

So yeah, we are lucky to have professionals we like and can talk to.

Hugs,
    Laurie

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis