Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Can't afford an orchi right, using alcohol?

Started by Angieisalone, July 24, 2017, 01:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angieisalone

Can't afford the orchi right now and my insurance refuses to cover it.
So is injecting alcohol into the testicles a substitute?
  •  

itsApril

Do NOT do that! NOT!  NOT!  NOT!  Lots of us have thought of "self-help" remedies like that at one point or another.  But it's totally a bad idea.  Free-lance medical procedures by untrained people can result in infection, tissue damage, disability, disfigurement, or death.
-April
  •  

Angieisalone

I'm already disfigured. Think I'll take my chances and do it.
  •  

Dena

That's a bad idea as you could damage the material you will require latter for GCS. If you can't save the money, consider taking a second part time job on the weekends and set that money aside for surgery. In addition, I suspect the pain you could feel would be unlike anything you have ever experienced.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Gertrude

If you have a halfway decent credit rating, take out a credit card and pay for it that way. When you pay directly, you can negotiate the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

josie76

If you have been on HRT for 12 months get ahold of Dr Gallagher in Indianapolis, IN. The hospital there has a transgender healthcare section. They told me they could do the whole procedure for around $2500 barring complications.

Unfortunately I will have to wait untill next Feb to make use of her services. She also does full GCS.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

Angieisalone

Quote from: Gertrude on July 24, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
If you have a halfway decent credit rating, take out a credit card and pay for it that way. When you pay directly, you can negotiate the cost.

My credit is crap. I'm just going to do the everclear method and if I w d up harming myself, so be it.
  •  

I Am Jess

Not a good idea at all.  Praying for you girl.
Follow my life's adventures on Instagram - @jessieleeannmcgrath
  •  

Julia1996

What about testosterone blockers. Spironolactone works really well.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Angieisalone

Quote from: Julia1996 on July 24, 2017, 06:41:12 PM
What about testosterone blockers. Spironolactone works really well.

Been on spiro for years and yet I still look like a man despit low T levels.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: Angieisalone on July 24, 2017, 06:53:28 PM
Been on spiro for years and yet I still look like a man despit low T levels.

Is there one thing in your entire transition so far that you would point to and say,  "I am happy with that part of my transition!"
Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Gertrude

Quote from: Angieisalone on July 24, 2017, 06:15:09 PM
My credit is crap. I'm just going to do the everclear method and if I w d up harming myself, so be it.

You'd be better off going to a vet.

•  

Dani

Quote from: Angieisalone on July 24, 2017, 06:15:09 PM

Are you willing to harm yourself so badly that no surgeon will want to operate on you?

In order to get a proper SRS operation, you need a few letters from psychologists, who will evaluate your ability to make a well thought out decision. If you do something crazy like injecting alcohol into your testes, you may not get those letters of recommendation.

Think again. An orichectomy is not that expensive.
  •  

Angieisalone

Quote from: ElizabethK on July 24, 2017, 06:59:26 PM
Is there one thing in your entire transition so far that you would point to and say,  "I am happy with that part of my transition!"

Let's see....
Hrt was a bust
Ffs was a bust

Nope can't say that there is
  •  

Angieisalone

Quote from: Dani on July 24, 2017, 07:20:32 PM

Are you willing to harm yourself so badly that no surgeon will want to operate on you?

In order to get a proper SRS operation, you need a few letters from psychologists, who will evaluate your ability to make a well thought out decision. If you do something crazy like injecting alcohol into your testes, you may not get those letters of recommendation.

Think again. An orichectomy is not that expensive.

I got my letters a few months ago. They are collecting dust
  •  

josie76

Whose credit isn't crap? I'm in the middle of a bankruptcy right now. I know if you want it you can save enough to get them taken out somewhere. I have been having similar problems finding a cost effective place. Indiana is the best price I have found but they require the 12 months hormones to get it done.
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

natalie.ashlyne

•  

Angieisalone

Quote from: natalie.ashlyne on July 24, 2017, 07:46:20 PM
Doing that could actually die from it

I know two people who have done it and are fine
  •  

Angieisalone

Just to give an update here. Did the everclear method. Had my friend (who is a nurse) help me.
Thanks for your input anyways.
  •  

Chris8080

A month and a half without any reply. I'm really hoping that it's not because it went badly. Why not post an update Angie? Curious minds would love to know how you are.

My orchie is scheduled for the 26th of this month. I "think" my insurance will cover it but as yet I don't have confirmation of that. As a precaution just in case they don't I have been saving every penny possible all of this year. I also don't know yet if I do have to pay for it what the out of pocket costs would be but I should at least be close.

I understand your desperation, for years nearly daily I had to talk myself into putting the meat cleaver away so I wouldn't bleed to death. Right now I feel quite fortunate that my more sensible self talked my desperate self out of doing that but I was so close many, many times.
  •