Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Coming out via email

Started by aimlesswanderer, August 07, 2017, 08:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aimlesswanderer

Hey guys. I'm going into eighth grade this year, but I want to come out before school starts. I have written an email explaining that I am ftm transgender and I want to start hormones asap. It also links videos and articles explaining dysphoria, top surgery, and testosterone and that they are likely to be covered by insurance. I plan to send it to my mom first and then my dad, and go stealth in high school. My question is: Is it appropriate to come out through email? I'm worried that it will seem too insincere or like I don't care enough about this. I don't think I am brave enough to come out through discussion.  ???
  •  

Dena

What would be a better approach is to write it in the form of a letter and then try to tell you mom in person. If you are unable to, then give her the letter and remain there while she reads it. Sending an email is best used for somebody you may not see for a long time like in the case of divorced parents.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •