Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

1 month post opt cta, can my voice get louder?

Started by nongcandy8558, August 16, 2017, 07:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nongcandy8558

I'm one month post opt from CTA,  my voice is quite feminine than before
The pitch is raised,  although I still need to work on resonance.
My main concern is the volume of my voice is quite low, it's hard to be heard in public when there are cars or people talking, people always ask me " pardon me, I can't hear you" this really make me feel frustrated.
I don't have problem speaking on the phone,  or speaking face to face in a room but hard to be heard in public setting like in the market, my voice seem to be drowned.
I know beforehand that there will be loss of volume but never expect it to be this much,  will it gets better and will vocal therapy make my voice louder? I don't want a loud voice like before,just want a voice that can be heard

Thank you
  •  

Dena

I don't know about CTA but with my surgery it was almost 7 months before the volume started improving and around a year before it was what I would say was good. I believe the lack of volume was because of swelling as the result of the surgery and it just took that long for things to return to normal. CTA is somewhat less invasive so I would think recovery might not take as long but I don't know that to be a fact.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •