Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

5 weeks after cta, its improving except hoarsness, will it gets better?

Started by nongcandy8558, August 21, 2017, 11:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nongcandy8558

I'm 1 month 8 days post op from CTA,
my voice is improving and the volume is much better and now I'm on the feminine side, I'm not there yet but better than before, but my main concern is everytime i sent voice message to someone, they always ask if I'm sick, it sounded like i catch a cold or a flu. Judging from voice alone, people not concern if I'm trans or not anymore which is a good thing but they are concern if I'm sick, will it be permanent, will it get any better? I'm planning voice therapy next month when my voice settle more

thank you
  •  

Dena

One of the issues with CTA is that learning to use your voice after surgery is more difficult that fold shorting. I am not sure how much swelling you get as the result of CTA but with fold shorting the swelling can last for months. I don't know but I would guess it might months for the voice to stabilize. Mine started sounding better at 6 months and was a year to heal properly. A month is early to judge the final voice. Dr Haben in some cases wants people to remain silent for a month, not because it's required but instead to reduce the anxiety caused by a voice that doesn't sound right.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •