Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

1st outing! Makeup tips please!

Started by Ramrodicus, August 24, 2017, 01:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramrodicus

Tomorrow is a big day for me. My wife and I are attending the Gender Oddysey conference in Seattle. This will be my first time out in the world as Rachel.

I'm planning to wear sensible clothing. Probably a no frills top, skinny jeans, and ballet flats or Keds. BUT... I still need to figure out my makeup. I've never worn makeup for more than a couple hours so I don't know what to expect when wearing it all day!

Could you do a sister a favor and share your tips for how to get a simple but classy makeup look that will get me through the day? Also, what should I carry in my purse in case I need to fix my makeup at some point during the day?

Thanks in advance!
-Rachel [emoji168]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

•  

Rachel 82

:icon_redface:  My apologies. I'm an idiot.

The above post is mine. I posted it from Tapatalk on my phone, not realizing I was signed in with a different account that I never have (and never purposely would) use here. I have since fixed my Tapatalk configuration so that won't happen again.

That's what I get for trying to avoid using my work computer.  ;)
  •  

RobynTx

Just keep it simple.  I'd go for eye shadow, mascara and lipstick.  Now if you have stubble and need to hide it then you'll need more.  As for in your purse I'd just keep lipstick. 

•  

Rachel 82

That's helpful. Thanks!

It's going to be a long day so I will definitely be stubbly by the afternoon. I guess I'll put on plenty of concealer and foundation. I'm going to have to put everything on in the car (family that I'm not out to are at my house) so I can go back to the car to freshen up if I really need to.
  •  

p

If you are a sweaty / oily person, make sure to set your foundation / concealer well with translucent powder for extra staying power (for extra coverage, you can use powder with tint), and keep some tissues in your purse for dabbing oil through the day. You can also use a setting spray if you want. If you use liquid foundation, getting some foundation on your lips (usually some gets on mine as I blend my foundation, don't go crazy applying it directly to your lips) can help your lipstick shade show a little truer and last longer through the day. Gloss is also a nice choice since it's lighter coverage and looks less "off" if it wears off over the course of the day--I have a peachy one that I like. Skipping the blush--or a very light touch with the blush--and just a touch of bronzer for definition & to add dimension to the face, can make you look more "I woke up like this." For eye shadow, use very natural beige-y colors, colors that look like skin tones, and that will keep the look light. Curl your eyelashes so your mascara makes maximum impact with fewer coats. Clear mascara is sometimes nice if you have dark, full lashes already. Well groomed eyebrows are also a great way to look neat without makeup--they make little brushes for it or you can use a hairbrush very very lightly (delicate skin!), and you can use a tiny bit of hair gel (or clear mascara) to keep them in place if you want; I have some tinted brow gel that helps mine look less invisible (I'm blonde). Hope this helps you achieve the look you desire--you will look lovely! People will be excited to meet you, not your makeup, so whatever you do, wear it with confidence and don't obsess over it. As you start paying more attention to others' makeup, you will see that it's really all about personal taste and preference.  :-* :-* :-*
Patti

Something is off - 2016-17
Out to husband - 2/14/17
Full-time - 3/9/17
HRT - 6/14/17
  •