Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Are pms banned, discouraged at this website?

Started by z38, September 07, 2017, 12:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z38

With all due respect and appreciation for this excellent forum, in all my years on line I have NEVER encountered one with anywhere near this many don'ts:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,2.0.html

And though I have every intention of obeying every last restriction, i failed to find one that pertains to my current problem-that being why I am apparently forbidden to pm any member.

Every time I tried to do so I'd get this message:
And error has occurred! You are not allowed to access this section.

All I wanted to do was to ask a member whose posts I've read at a short but very informative thread to take a look at my post and if she cared to share her knowledge, experience and opinions on the subject.

Please advise.

•  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. The problem is we haven't caught up with you and given you a set of the greeting links. The one of interest is this one where it indicates 15 post are required before PM and other features unlock. We have difficulties with spammers and trolls on the site and the restriction allows us to better protect you. Yes, we can turn off the ability to PM but we rarely need to do it. Once you reach 15 quality post, you should find the site much more pleasant to use.

Yes, the rules may be somewhat limiting however many of our members can be fragile at times and the rules help us  protect all of our members.

A Cautionary Note:
This is a public forum so please remember when posting that The Internet Never Forgets, and the various web crawlers and archival sites out there may retain information that you post.

We cannot ensure that any information you share on the site will be protected from public view and/or copying or reproduction. This warning is also listed in the Terms of Service listed below.

If you give out personal information on Susan's you are responsible for any consequence.

I also want to share some links with you. They include helpful information and the rules that govern the site.  It is important for your enjoyment of the site to take a moment to go through them

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

V M

As mentioned PMs generally are not banned or discouraged, we just like to get to know folks a bit better

None of us are Santa Claus and so we don't really have any way of knowing who's naughty or nice right off

Hence the 15 quality posts rule

So explore about and join on in, you may see people you know and maybe even make a few new friends  ;D

Best wishes and happy posting

Hugs
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

FTMax

This was explained to you in another thread (https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,227725.msg2019544.html), I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.
T: 12/5/2014 | Top: 4/21/2015 | Hysto: 2/6/2016 | Meta: 3/21/2017

I don't come here anymore, so if you need to get in touch send an email: maxdoeswork AT protonmail.com
  •  

Julia1996

I personally don't find the rules here unreasonable or restrictive. I was on another site briefly and it was a circus. Members attacking and misgendering each other, people looking for hookups and trolls and religious nuts making transphobic  comments. Several members even asked me why I didn't have a profile picture. I didn't because it takes me a while to be comfortable posting my picture. So I had one member message me saying that since I wouldn't post a picture I must be really non passable.

People who are confused, scared or even suicidal don't need that kind of thing. None of us do. And before you say " it's just the internet" remember that people have actually killed themselves from cyber bullying.  This site has helped me a lot with both trans and everyday issues. It's totally worth following the rules they have in place.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •