Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

What's the nastiest food you remember from your childhood?

Started by Julia1996, September 08, 2017, 05:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

I was just wondering what is the nastiest food from your childhood that you remember. For me it's something my dad would make. My mom hated to cook and she wouldn't.  She would pop a frozen lean cuisine in the microwave for herself and everyone else was on their own. So when my brother and I were growing up my dad made dinner for us. He tried but he totally can't cook. We ate lots of pizza and hamburgers, but one thing he would make was really nasty.  He would take Mac and cheese, and it was the totally gross kind with the packet of cheese powder, dump in a can of cream of mushroom soup and dump in a couple of cans of tuna.  How gross is that!

And something even more horrifying showed up at thanksgiving. My grandma would make this totally disgusting thing she called a molded salad. It was cans of mixed vegetables in green Jell-O.  I can't even imagine how she ever thought that up. I have no idea how it tasted because the site of it made me want to totally yarf.

So what are some gross foods from your childhood?
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cindy

Tripe and Onions boiled in milk.

How about that for a delicacy!!
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Deborah

Creamed spinach.  It tasted like my mother scraped the grass off the bottom of the lawnmower and then boiled it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Cindy

•  

Julia1996

Quote from: Cindy on September 08, 2017, 05:32:12 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tripe

I hope you aren't eating when you open the link!

OMG! Nasty doesn't come close to describing that. And I thought vegetables in Jell-O was gross!
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Cindy

Things have changed over the years as explained by Monty Python

•  

Gertrude

Mom would make liver and onions. The smell would make me gag and I don't gag easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Gertrude on September 08, 2017, 06:36:29 PM
Mom would make liver and onions. The smell would make me gag and I don't gag easily.
LOL.  I love liver and onions and make it for myself nearly every week.  I do use a fair amount of BBQ sauce though.
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 08, 2017, 05:23:03 PMMac and cheese, and it was the totally gross kind with the packet of cheese powder, dump in a can of cream of mushroom soup and dump in a couple of cans of tuna.

Ohhh that sounds tasty!! Have to try!! Maybe we should rename this thread??

Mom was a great 'boot camp' cook, both parents ex-military. Had lot'sa "creamed chip beef on toast".

Nastiest I've tasted was stuff put on my thumb to keep me from sucking it.
Was 5 before finally quitting.

What kinda tuna???
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Dena

Molded salad was popular for a while and I ate it. Tripe isn't bad when it's in Menudo. Boiled tongue is very good when sliced and used in a sandwich as it almost melts in your mouth however the one thing I had a problem with when I was young was broccoli. It had a bitter taste and it was only after I was older that the bitter taste faded away. Part of the problem is I am a super taster and I can find a single caraway seed in a loaf of bread.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

DawnOday

Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

DawnOday

Quote from: Gertrude on September 08, 2017, 06:36:29 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Grandma would make it every Friday and I would leave for the weekend. Grandma was a great cook just not on Fridays.
Dawn Oday

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

DawnOday

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 08, 2017, 05:28:44 PM
What's tripe??

Cow stomach.    Something else that really sucks and maybe my Australian friends can explain their passion for Vegemite. Can't leave off limburger cheese.
Dawn Oday

Start HRT Aug 2016

•  

Dee Marshall

Not from my childhood. There was nothing I wouldn't eat back then. One of my favorite meals was liver & onions with mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts. My birthday dinner was usually baked (Michigan) whitefish. However when I was an adult I was introduced to salmon croquettes. Just the smell of them cooking could make me gag.

:

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!

Think outside the voice box!

April 22, 2015, the day of my first face to face pass in gender neutral clothes and no makeup. It may be months to the next one, but I'm good with that!

Being transgender is just a phase. It hardly ever starts before conception and always ends promptly at death.

They say the light at the end of the tunnel is an oncoming train. I say, climb aboard!
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: DawnOday on September 08, 2017, 07:05:40 PM
Cow stomach.    Something else that really sucks and maybe my Australian friends can explain their passion for Vegemite. Can't leave off limburger cheese.
Oh yes, Vegemite. My Aussie boyfriend loves it. I think it tastes like salty crude oil.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Julia1996

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

Deborah

Quote from: Julia1996 on September 08, 2017, 07:45:25 PM
Okra looks like snot. It's beyond gross.
LOL
Another one of my favorites being disparaged on the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

Devlyn

We had liver and onions all the time, and kidney stew. I liked them both. It wasn't until I joined the Army and  tried okra that I started a "dont want that" list. Sea urchins are on the list, so is cow tongue. Other than that I'll eat anything that doesn't move away fast enough.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

steph2.0

Quote from: Deborah on September 08, 2017, 07:55:26 PM

Another one of my favorites being disparaged on the forum!

Oh, I've always liked disparagus!

What I didn't like was sauerkraut over mashed potatoes, liver and onions, or bottom-of-the-barrel, ralph-inducing... scrapple!

Blort

Stephanie

Assigned male at birth 1958 * Began envying sister 1963 * Knew unquestioningly that I was female 1968 * Acted the male part for 50 years * Meltdown and first therapist session May 2017 * Began HRT 6/21/17 * Out to the world 10/13/17 * Name Change 12/7/2017 (Girl Harbor Day) * FFS With FacialTeam 12/4/2018 * Facelift and Lipo Body Sculpting at Ocean Clinic 6/13-14/2019 * GCS with Marci Bowers 9/25/2019
  •