Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Oh, how nice . . . famous hollywood director busted in drag.

Started by Alexandra, February 05, 2006, 03:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexandra

I'm sure this is just the kind of publicity we don't need.  >:(

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,3562814a10,00.html

The Once Were Warriors film-maker was last night lying low in the wake of embarrassing allegations that he was caught dressed in drag trying to sell himself for sex to an undercover police officer in Los Angeles.

Of course, there is the question of what the newspaper meant by "embarrassing" -- was it for wearing a dress or trying to get paid for sex?    >:( >:( >:(
  •  

Cassandra

Being L.A. the embarrasing part was probably getting caught. The other two wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

Cassie
  •  

Leigh

Tamahori's directing credits include     Pierce Brosnan's 2002 James Bond film "Die Another Day" and last year's "State of the Union," starring Ice Cube and  Samuel L. Jackson.
  •  

Teri Anne

I've worked in the L.A. film biz and believe me, for all of the reported liberal attitudes, there are plenty of people in that biz that are religious right conservatives.  The movie stars are, for the most part, liberal, but many of the workers may as well be working in ball bearing factories (not that there's anything wrong with that).

When I came out en femme, I expected this supposidly liberal industry to accept me.  Most did but occassionaly I'd hear, through the grapevine, what some of my coworkers were muttering behind my back.  One of my coworkers reportedly said, "I can't believe he'd do that.  How stupid."  This person had worked on "Star Trek" for years.  In "Star Trek," for those of you who don't know, there was a continuing character who was a beautiful woman but used to be a man.  Silly me, I thought people who worked on "Star Trek" every week would realize that, in the future, transsexuality would be no big deal.  I further thought that this person, knowing how he respected me, would give me the benefit of acceptance (not approval).  Eventually, I heard that he did come to accept me.

As to the story about the macho James Bond film director being caught, wearing a dress and soliciting, I thought, "Oh, no.  Not again.  Not another kinky story about transgenderism."  I value that website I heard about thru Susan's wherein positive successful transsexuals (doctors, lawyers, pilots) are shown in photos and links.  Too many times, kinky wins out in the media stories.

Teri Anne
  •  

Alexandra

Quote from: Teri Anne on February 05, 2006, 11:06:55 AM
Too many times, kinky wins out in the media stories.

Good thing we're not the only topic the media considers "kinky".

I'm thinking that perhaps the film biz has a history of being a bit "gossipy" so perhaps this is what happened to you.

Not to be nosey, but did you enjoy working in the film biz?

Posted at: February 08, 2006, 11:37:24 PM

Quote from: Cassandra on February 05, 2006, 10:02:28 AM
Being L.A. the embarrasing part was probably getting caught. The other two wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.

Cassie

You're probably right about that!  8)
  •  

Sara

I dont know if there is much difference either way. He is more kinky than anything.
That guy is known to enjoy wearing latex and frequenting fetish clubs with his girlfriend and already has an open relationship apparently so asking for some money to go along with the sex would be the next appropriate step in any kinky lifestyle. It doesnt say how much he actually asked for, even if he did at all. Maybe the cop misread the money thing and he really only wanted something to eat?  :-\

Sara.
  •  

Alexandra

•  

LostInTime

How would sex be the next appropriate step?   ???

There are plenty of us in the fetish/kink community who do not participate for sex.  MOF, I have been celibate for a number of years and not had any pressure whatsoever by anyone in the lifestyle or club scenes for sex.  Dates, yes. Sex, no.

This guy is kinky.  This was probably a humiliation stunt gone wrong which is the chance you take when you do stuff out in public.
  •