Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

strange twist of the brain (I want a new life)

Started by Soli, September 23, 2017, 08:37:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soli

The people who knew me well before my transition cannot see the changes in my body, especially my face, and it's very frustrating.

Good thing I live away from my family (except my daughter and my son). Also, just before starting HRT, 2 years ago, I had moved to a new borough where no one knew me. Besides my family once in a while, I never see anyone I knew before, and I think it's a good thing. The new people I meet seem to see my feminine side more.

Our brain adapts the new face to the old image that was stored. And that primary image is stored forever and everyone who knew me before will always refer to that old image.

That is very frustrating, like a monster with tentacles always holding me back to the ancient me and I DON'T want to go see my family as I'm expected to every year at least for Christmas or the new Year. Dont wanta!!

I just want a new life, then, if you can't see me...
  •