Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Horizon on BBC 2 being transgender

Started by davina61, September 26, 2017, 04:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davina61

Anyone watch, thought it was well done as far as it went and the M to F surgery didn't pup me off, bring it on !!!
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Megan.

I learned a few things,  but it still was far too focused on the medical stuff,  and barely touched on the social aspects and mental health.
It's taken me three years to become the woman I am today,  it may be another 2 more before I get any surgery,  on a timescale it'll just be a blip.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
  •  

davina61

Yes but I think that would be a whole program on its own, thought it was OK as far as it went
a long time coming (out) HRT 12 2017
GRS 2021 5th Nov

Jill of all trades mistress of non
Know a bit about everything but not enough to be clever
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: davina61 on September 26, 2017, 04:35:44 PM
Yes but I think that would be a whole program on its own, thought it was OK as far as it went
It was not bad, but weirdly I thought it was more interesting for trans* than cisgender people.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Charlotte F

It seemed to cover a lot of people in a very short time, not really focussing on anyone in particular or like you said, Megan, not considering the mental side or the day to day reality

I quite liked it but then for me I like to see any programmes with a positive trans focus.  I remember back to when Channel 4's Brookside showed a ground breaking lesbian kiss.  Everyone was talking about it, hard to believe now just how controversial it was!  Since then, gay life has become normalised on TV and public acceptance in real life has increased massively.  When I see programs like this episode of Horizon I am hopeful that they help to normalise and raise acceptance of the transgender community in the wider public

•  

MollyPants

Me and my partner watched this and what stood out for me was just how focussed it ended up being on surgery rather than the social aspects.

My partner felt it was quite good on the social aspects as well though I don't think it was that great.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

•