Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Performance issues

Started by KathyLauren, September 27, 2017, 11:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KathyLauren

In the last week or so, I have been getting pages on susans.org that fail to load completely.  Sometimes, all I get is the banner and a blank white rectangle.  Other times, it gets farther and I get readable content, but the "loading" logo (spinning circle) is still spiinning.  (Most times, the pages load just fine.)

When this happens, it doesn't matter how long I wait, the page never completes loading.  I can get the page to load if I abort the download and re-load the page.

When this happens, my browser (Mozilla Firefox 55.0.3) tells me that it is waiting for either: translate.google.com or staticxx.facebook.com.  Since these are offsite links, there may be nothing you can do about it.  I just thought you'd like to know.
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

Dena

While I don't know what the face book URL does, it appears that the google translate function recently has been removed from the site. I don't know when because I have only tested it a few times but this post caused me to look for it and it's not there any more. I have seen some strange things as well with the most common causing me to receive a gray screen on update. If I scroll the screen up or down, the screen will display. It doesn't happen enough to worry about and when it does, I only need to brush my figures over the top of the magic mouse to clear it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •