Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I want what I want

Started by Julia1996, October 05, 2017, 09:43:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

I saw this movie late last night and loved it. It's a really old British movie from the 60s I think. I'm totally impressed that they made a movie about a trans woman and didn't portray her as a freak or perve.  The woman who played Wendy was very pretty. It was a very well done movie. I had never heard of it until it was on a cable channel late last night. It's called I want what I want.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

amandam

That's a great movie! I like how they show her afraid the first time out and her looking at women and wanting what they have.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Jailyn

Thanks for the movie suggestion! I will try and look it up sounds interesting.
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: amandam on October 05, 2017, 09:55:58 AM
That's a great movie! I like how they show her afraid the first time out and her looking at women and wanting what they have.

That's why I liked it. It's very realistic. Like when she's afraid to talk in the diner and think everyone is staring at her.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

amandam

They had to have had trans advisors.
Out of the closet to family 4-2019
  •  

Julia1996

Quote from: amandam on October 05, 2017, 11:41:20 AM
They had to have had trans advisors.

I think so too. Like with the tucking scene. Most cis people know nothing about tucking. Much less back then.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

big kim

Taken from the book I want what I want by Geoff Brown. Have only seen the first 10 minutes as my video recorder (remember them) packed in. Anne Heywood played Roy/Wendy & Harry Andrews ( who was gay) Dad,made in 1971. The book was very good.
  •  

staciM

There are several themes and nuances throughout the movie that struck a cord.  There's no doubt the writer has intimate history.  Some of what I picked up on that I found very familiar...admiration and jealousy toward woman, the depression in a male role and the quick turnaround when being around woman or discussing feminine things, the sneaking around whenever given a chance, the feeling of a mistake being made by a greater power, being creative with available hair/clothing/accessories, awkward makeup learning stages, the perception that everyone is staring at you in public, faking a voice issue....it goes on.  The Dr. Office scene was interesting.  One thing I can say that is quite a bit different....never was caught, and never went through the horrible blue eye shadow stage [emoji4]

Obviously, the beautiful CIS-female actress had to work much harder attempting (badly) at looking like a man, than a woman [emoji4]
- Staci -
  •