News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Monash Gender Clinic referral time?

Started by WoobiE, October 06, 2017, 09:30:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoobiE

Hey everyone, how are you all doing.

Soo I got things going and went to a GP who referred me to the Monash Gender Clinic. I'm been eagerly waiting for any sort of contact from the clinic with nothing yet. Been 3 weeks and I am kinda really anxious.I'm not sure what to expect when going in to see a psychiatrist. Everything right now is overwhelming with thoughts on my unclear future.  Does anyone have any experience with the clinic? Any info about your experience that might help me and others would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
  •  

AnonyMs

I'm in Sydney, not Melbourne, but I've heard that there's doctors at Monash that prescribe Microgynon as HRT. It's a birth control pill containing Ethinyl Estradiol, and is not safe. If you go there and they prescribe it I'd suggest you refuse and ask for Progynova instead.

I did a quick bit of research and read that Equinox or Northside Clinic's are much better, and that Equinox is informed consent and Northside has psych's who can do your letter.
  •  

WoobiE

Thank you very much for the heads up. I'll wait another extra week before contacting my GP to chase up another referral. If I do get contacted by Monash I'd probably just go there to see how it goes first. If things don't work out, I'll definitely take up your advice and see that my GP can refer me over to Northside. Very much appreciate the info.

Cheers
  •  

Chloe2017

Hey WoobiE,
I submitted a referral 2 weeks ago to Monash gender clinic. When I called this Tuesday Helen said they will respond to confirm all referrals, but they hadn't processed it yet. So she just confirmed it was received. Upto 5 months wait list though. I never thought about other clinics. Hopefully you get your response soon. They are super friendly though, so don't be afraid to call.

Chloe
  •  

AnonyMs

•  

judithlynn

Hi Woobie;
I suggest you go to Prahran. They have a great team there and I can recommend Sven Strecker. He is great:

http://prahranmarketclinic.com/
Judith
:-*
Hugs

•