Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hair.

Started by Jenntrans, October 20, 2017, 05:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenntrans

Personally I look relay good as brunette. Hazel eyes and light skin and darker brown hair suits me really good. I mean I kind of like a LOB with shorter bangs to show off my brows which are plucked precisely. My hair is a little longer than shoulder length and my bangs are eyebrow or just above brow length.

OMG I love being a woman. :o I actually do hair and love it. even if they want I will do their nails too.

But actually what is your favorite hair color, hair length and nail color? What is your favorite smell? mine is coconut. Well actually it is the way may hair smells now, coconut, cigarette smoke  and so on.
  •  

Lady Lisandra

I loved it when my hair was shoulder length. Now I'm growing it as much as I can to see how it looks like. My favourite hair color is violet as you can see in my profile picture, or white/grey. Speaking about natural colors, I'd say black, or dark brown. I like my nails either black, violet or red.

My hair also usually smells like cigarrette.
- Lis -
  •  

Roll

Playing with wigs, I really like the feeling of having long blonde "hair", which in my case there is nothing natural about. It is sort of that ultra feminine cliche though, so I might be just adding extra significance to it. I also really like my natural (dark brown, not sure what shade exactly) color at shoulder length with a hint of curls (though I'd go a bit longer to help pull away from shoulder width).

Nails... hrrm. Classic reds. I'm the same with lipstick, just don't really like the way more adventurous colors look on me. (Though I have taken to braver eyeshadow. :D)

Smell? Citrus. Not lemon pledge citrus, but a deep tangerine or blood orange scent. (Blood orange blossoms are amazing.) When I work up the courage to wear a perfume I'm going with blood orange for starter. Feels unique and I like it. A light clean scent in the hair and skin.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Jenntrans

Quote from: Lady Lisandra on October 21, 2017, 03:07:44 AM
I loved it when my hair was shoulder length. Now I'm growing it as much as I can to see how it looks like. My favourite hair color is violet as you can see in my profile picture, or white/grey. Speaking about natural colors, I'd say black, or dark brown. I like my nails either black, violet or red.

My hair also usually smells like cigarrette.

LOL Lisandra. If you have ever lived in the eighties then your hair would end up smelling like cigarette smoke after a fun night. Yes probably form your own cigarettes while drinking.

That won't hurt your health as much as stress will. I play in a tribute girl ban from the eighties and my wigs don't smell nearly as bad as they do from watching the cable news channels in the mornings.....

I just went to pee and wearing a skirt and blouse at home I pulled my skirt up and my panties down and then sat and peed and even wiped. I don't really know why you needed to know that little part. ??? >:-) but it is important in restrooms just like hair in public. Maybe that is why huh??? It is an image.

Hey smoke or don't smoke. Your hair will smell like it and who cares? Don't go to a night club outside of a totalitarian non smoking state. Isn't that part of the fun though? Cigarette smoke, beer, bourbon, whiskey, moonshine, PGA, Boones Farms strawberry hill, a little coke and a lot of delinquency? Wasn't that all fun? Been there an done it. Just for me a lot of the time I was just a tease. A few times I had all the fun too like any other girl. but the guys kept my secret and I would keep theirs. There is a way of knowing. >:-)

Yeah mine smells like smells like cigarette smoke and fruity. It even has a hint of coconut. Not everyone lives in Cali or a major city and even in the south, there are clubs that we go to that allow smoking. 

OMG I know most people hate the South and rural areas but in the South there are LGBT nightclubs and in rural areas there are even bars that cater to LGBT. So.... the rural areas aren't so backwards as  some would want you to believe. I know because I live in these areas first hand. that is all I will say though. everyone else needs to experience it firsthand. You maybe surprised with "flyover country". Ugh we are in flyover country too and have friends with straight folks. But the people don't need our friendship for image but rather because they choose to be. I would rather have a true friend than be a "token" friend for someone.

Regardless and I get a little of topic sometimes, I have even been told on this sight that I talk too much, but hair or no hair, wig or no wig, clothing or whatever else smell like tobacco at least you had a good time last night. can the other person complaining about the smell say the same thing? Ask them the question and see what they say.
  •  

MsAnnaLynn

I think if I looked like the picture Roll displays it would be easy to come out.
As far as smoking goes, major yuck!
And hair? Male pattern baldness kinda ruins it for me, but still want it long.
When I was young and had really long(shoulder blades) I had really pretty thick and wavy strawberry hair. I did everything else, though, to be extra manly. Now I have the extra skin to show for it.
At least I'm getting skinny and boobs are starting to grow.
  •  

Jin

My natural hair was very dark brown, nearly black. Now it is 90% gray, and strangely still looks dark when wet.  I love it when I am topless and my hair caresses my shoulder blades. In the recent past, it has been down nearly to my belt, blond, and gray/purple streaks. I love to add color with ribbons/bows/clips. My fav scent is lavender, we grow it along the garden fence. I like my nails (all 20 of them) in bold colors like purple, deep blue, scarlet.
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

KathyLauren

Quote from: MsAnnaLynn on June 05, 2018, 04:43:10 PM
I think if I looked like the picture Roll displays it would be easy to come out.
As far as smoking goes, major yuck!
And hair? Male pattern baldness kinda ruins it for me, but still want it long.
When I was young and had really long(shoulder blades) I had really pretty thick and wavy strawberry hair. I did everything else, though, to be extra manly. Now I have the extra skin to show for it.
At least I'm getting skinny and boobs are starting to grow.
Hi, Ms Anna Lynn!

Welcome to Susan's.

I am glad to hear you are making progress in your transition.  I have pretty bad male pattern baldness, so when it comes to hair it's wigs for me.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

DustKitten

I've had long hair twice, and grew it out past my shoulders both times, but I feel like my hair is too thin to look good long, so I probably won't grow it out normally again.

Instead, I keep mine in a mohawk. Anywhere from 3 inches to maybe a foot is good; right now it's on the short side but still long enough to spike (I cut it myself and had to shave it super short to see what I was doing with it, so now I'm growing it back). It's purple now but I kept it black for a few years last time I had one. Blue would be cool too.

idk about nail color (I've yet to try nail polish) but I play bass fingerstyle so the nails on both my hands are almost non-existent anyway (it makes playing easier).
  •  

NC_Sarah

I have the problem of very curly hair and like everyone with curly hair we are envious of those with straight hair, I have always worn it long but since moving to the south I made the mistake of going short due to the heat and humidity, it's taking ages to grow it back out again. I am having a hard time finding a style which suits me and makes me look less like a bloke with a pony tail.....

I have started to embrace the curls, the frizz is annoying though, I am going to start getting regular trims, I haven't had it cut in a couple of years and it badly needs it.

I saw some great recommendations on conditioners and treatments, but I am still at a loss on a "look". I only recently decided to make the change to becoming a women even though I have always known, so this is all a bit new to me and outside of what I know. But that's part of the adventure I suppose :-)

Does anyone have any good recommendations for styles for really curly hair?
"Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers."
  •  

NC_Sarah

Quote from: DustKitten on June 06, 2018, 03:18:10 PM
... I keep mine in a mohawk. Anywhere from 3 inches to maybe a foot is good;

That sounds amazing, I think Mohawks look dead sexy. Not enough people choose them nowadays which is a shame.
"Long after one has forgotten what a woman wore, the memory of her perfume lingers."
  •  

Donica

In my youth, I always had very long brown/blonde (maybe dishwater blonde?) hair (almost down to my butt). A little mousse and blow dry it looked great. But stepping out of the shower and brushing out the tangles, well, the older I got, the shorter It got. I started transitioning and growing it long again mid last year. I'm shooting for a bit longer than my shoulders to help hide my size. As for nail color, I like fun color like orange, light blue, maybe even yellow, it depends on my mood at the time but some time even light pink or hot pink or red. Oh my gosh, did I forget any colors? lol. My favorite smell is lavender, vanilla and peach.
Rebirth 06/09/2017. HRT 08/22/2017. RLE 07/14/2018. Name and Gender change 10/19/2018. FFS 09/06/2019. GCS 05/26/2021.
  •  

Dena

Quote from: NC_Rose on July 07, 2018, 04:42:35 AM
I have the problem of very curly hair and like everyone with curly hair we are envious of those with straight hair, I have always worn it long but since moving to the south I made the mistake of going short due to the heat and humidity, it's taking ages to grow it back out again. I am having a hard time finding a style which suits me and makes me look less like a bloke with a pony tail.....

I have started to embrace the curls, the frizz is annoying though, I am going to start getting regular trims, I haven't had it cut in a couple of years and it badly needs it.

I saw some great recommendations on conditioners and treatments, but I am still at a loss on a "look". I only recently decided to make the change to becoming a women even though I have always known, so this is all a bit new to me and outside of what I know. But that's part of the adventure I suppose :-)

Does anyone have any good recommendations for styles for really curly hair?
The afro works really well with curly hair. Wash it, pick it out and let it air dry makes it a very easy to maintain short haircut and it works well with long faces like mine. I no longer wear it because my hair is straight and I finally got tired of perms to get any curl in my hair. Perms start out tight at first so the haircut looks short for about two week and after about 3 months, the perm relaxes to the point your fighting to get every bit of curl out of it.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

NC_Sarah

Quote from: Dena on July 07, 2018, 01:40:45 PM
The afro works really well with curly hair.....

I have very thick hair (curse of Irish heritage) and the curls are really tight and loses a lot of length when it curls up. If I tie it back in a ponytail when it dries it reaches past my shoulders. I had it so long at one time that I used to sit on it! which is incredibly funny, I would sit in a cinema and couldn't move my head because i had sat on my hair. Which did result in me cutting it all off, that along with living in the south dealing with heat and humidity. It does need trimming and deal with the split ends. The biggest thing now is finding a style that works with the "me" I will become, all my experience to date has been male styles and as anyone who has curls will tell you, they always wish they had straight hair. I am so jealous of girls with long straight hair.

I love your idea of an afro, I have found some cute styles online since you mentioned it. I think I should just embrace it and go with it :-)
  •  

Roberta W

... And I have very fine blonde scandinavian (Swedish) hair.  It's so fine that a butterfly will blow it over my eyes if I don't use a little hair spray to hold it in place better.  I've tried for several years to get it to grow even to shoulder length, but my hair stylist says the reason it won't get any longer is because it is so fine that when it gets "older" (towards the ends) it just breaks off.  It also likes to curl up some down by chin level.  Alas we are who we are and we have what we have ... We just need to go with a style that works for our realities.
It took a lot of doing, but I take a lot of pride in what I am.
  •  

Jin

We all have to play the cards we were dealt. Funny how the straight hairs wish for curls, and the curly hairs wish for straight!?

And us greys play with any color!
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam.
-- Popeye

A wise person can learn more from fools than a fool can learn from a wise person.
  •  

Chloe

Quote from: Roberta W on August 16, 2018, 07:43:47 AM. . . it won't get any longer is because it is so fine that when it gets "older" (towards the ends) it just breaks off. 

Roberta I've found super fine thin hair is much more manageable, less prone to tangles and breakage if you one-step color treat it, and of course clipping the spilled ends every now and then helps too.

There's a great hair picture thread here . . . ( tapatalk.com/groups/crossdreamlife/female-hair-t593-s40.html#p8705 ) Naturally have dirty-blond with many grey side highlights so find darker suits me better  8)
"But it's no use now," thought poor Alice, "to pretend be two people!
"Why, there's hardly enough of me left to make one respectable person!"
  •  

Sabrina Rei

My current hairstyle is a lob dyed in an ash grey brown with a few red, pink now, streaks on the sides. My go to color for nails is grey with a touch of purple that I saw my friend rocking from OPI's Berlin collection and had to have for myself. Not sure if I broke girl code on that one.  :P