Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Recognition

Started by Rowena_Ellenweorc, October 21, 2017, 09:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowena_Ellenweorc

My facebook profile picture is a couple filters over a pic of me 9 years ago....   One of the filters is a non-binary flag... the other is just a filter with 'We will not let hate win' and its a rainbow colored... monitor?  Like the line you'd find on a heart monitor... That make sense?

With all the hubbub of people saying non-binary identities are invalid, and often feeling like it at home (Husband still uses she pronouns and it drives me crazy) I was surprised to find in one of my facebook groups, one about feeding tubes, someone INSTANTLY recognized what my profile picture was.  I felt SOOOOOOOO validated! Especially since they said it is awesome. (I later found out they are agender and pansexual, so they understood because of that...)

In some ways, I feel so stupid that someone recognized it and I'm this happy, but at the same time, it made me freakishly proud to be non-binary. (Which often is hard to be for me...)
~Ren

Born May 1989 - Assigned Female
October 2016 - Came out to self/online
Feb/March 2017 - Officially came out to husband
April 2017 - Realized I'm Non-Binary
June 2017 - Started Therapy
August 2017 - Came out to parents
October 2017 - modified FB profile
November 26, 2017 - Came out https://www.facebook.com/notes/karen-ren-losee/please-read/10155966104353223/ on FB

"Walking beside the guilty and the innocent
How will you raise your hand when they call your name?"
- Bon Jovi "We weren't Born to follow"

I am done crying over not being feminine.
I am done griping about being too masculine.
I will be me.
And that's a non-binary being.
I am... ME!

This... is MY story
The story of a girl trapped in a guy's body.
A boy trapped in a girl's body.
No.  Its the story of a... human being.
- From one of my poems
  •