Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

HRT Hair Regrowth, and my specific situation.

Started by 1508100148, October 30, 2017, 01:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey, what's up?

I'm a 20 yo. male looking to get HRT and transition. I'm being a total worry-wart at the moment about my hairline, of all things. I've only really taken notice now. I've got it pulling back towards the temples and in general. Have a look.

If I start HRT and see a dermatologist to get on some medication, what kind of regrowth can I be looking at? I'm specifically looking for information on reclaiming my hairline.

I'm really looking for some reassurance here. Even though I know there are follicular transplants, and that not all hope is lost, I'd still like to have a head of my own hair to work with without any kind of expensive surgeries. Anyone with a scenario like mine, I'd surely like to hear it, or just your own opinion. All the threads I've read so far have mostly been people who are significantly older than me, or there's just some conflicting information.

Additionally, is there a certain type of t-blocker I should be asking for, or all they all effective when it comes to reversing/preventing hair loss?

What kinds of hair loss medications can I get to work on using now?
  •  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place. The rule is most of the time hair loss can be stopped. Recently lost hair can be regrown but hair that has been gone for a while most likely will not return. On the other hand, you haven't lost much hair so proper styling would make any loss unnoticeable. Some women have hair loss as much as you have or more but have no difficulty with it. Nothing is sure when it comes to dealing with hair loss because genetics is involved and some woman experience sever hair loss without testosterone in their system.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Quote from: Dena on October 30, 2017, 01:27:57 AM
Welcome to Susan's Place. The rule is most of the time hair loss can be stopped. Recently lost hair can be regrown but hair that has been gone for a while most likely will not return. On the other hand, you haven't lost much hair so proper styling would make any loss unnoticeable. Some women have hair loss as much as you have or more but have no difficulty with it. Nothing is sure when it comes to dealing with hair loss because genetics is involved and some woman experience sever hair loss without testosterone in their system.
Thanks.
Would you mind defining recently for me? As I've stated, I'm 20. I don't have a timeline for when the loss occurred, but it can't have been for more than 4 years.
  •  

Yavanna

Hi, 1508100148
After start of HRT, alopecia should slow or stop completely. But if the activity of 5-alpha-reductases (or corresponding genes) is high, then inhibitors (finasteride or dutasteride) are usually used. To restore the growth of hair in place of the fallen out, there is only one active drug - minoxidil.

•  

Julia1996

I don't see a problem with your hairline. Since you're 26 you should respond well to hrt and usually hrt causes hair to thicken and sometimes it can reverse recent hair loss. But like I said your hairline looks fine to me. If your forehead bothers you then you can always wear bangs.
Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •