Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Good Diet??

Started by JessiCalypsoƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ, October 30, 2017, 08:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessiCalypsoƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

So I've been withering away again, thanks to methadone... Unlike most people on it I don't gain weight, I lose it. It just takes away my appetite; like, I'll start to feel sick, then I'll realize I haven't eaten in a day or two... I'm 5'10 & down to 145 again... Managed to get up to 160, but lost it over the last month... I get my EBT on the 5th & I'd like to find a good diet to help me gain some weight. I've been on HRT since 9/14, was hoping the E would help, but no such luck... I guess I kinda hafta eat in order to gain, lol... I'm also open to any ideas you folks might have to stick to a possible diet as well...

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

"This, too, shall pass." So simple. So powerful. Saved my life. 💖⚧💋
  •  

Deborah

There is one simple rule that works really well.
QuoteEat food, not too much, mostly plants!

Beyond that a few other simple things can improve your diet.
-Reduce added sugar.
-Moderate or eliminate processed carbohydrates.
-Eat enough protein, but not too much.  You probably should get somewhere between 100 to 120 grams per day at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

KayXo

From my experience on HRT since 2004, four things might help:

- higher E, say, by injections
- taking bio-identical progesterone (Prometrium) in addition to E
- ensuring T levels are strongly inhibited
- increasing the amount of carbs you eat like pasta, potatoes, etc.

As always, go see your doctor and see if they agree. :) Best of luck!
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •  

flytrap

I've always been talk and skinny and am your same height and weight. It's exactly what the doctor's recommend  If you are holding this weight it might be right for you.
  •  

Dena

You need to eat regularly with a balanced diet. Gaining weight can be a problem but when my roommate was undergoing cancer treatment and everything tasted like cardboard, I found a solution. I made milk shakes using Boost or Ensure diet supplements as the base then added ice-cream. There is also a Boost very high calorie with about 530 calories a box. I don't recommend this as a regular diet for somebody who can eat but in the case of my roommate, this was the only thing she could get down and keep down.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Roll

During my mom's severe appetite/weight issues with cancer treatments we found that the pure protein and fat combos were the simplest answer. Ie: Meat and cheese and then more meat and cheese. Milkshakes and ice cream if you don't have a lactose issue. Nuts were good too. Bread was a problem and would just instantly fill her up and make her sick, but some physically smaller carb sources weren't too bad. Also, eating slow so as not to overload your stomach is important. If you aren't eating enough any form of gorging will just throw you off even more.

I don't know how that will work out with methadone, but if the nausea you have is in anyway similar maybe it will help. Also, it helps to have someone you trust to simply tell you to eat if at all possible. And if you do, listen to them. (I was a slave driver forcing my mom to eat. ;D)
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•