Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Travel issues

Started by Geeker, November 05, 2017, 02:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geeker

This isn't a complaint regarding me traveling, but my Aunt. My aunt went on a vacation with a long time friend of hers and her friends husband and all was great, untill it was time for them to head back. Her friend has this habit of ALWAYS being late, and decided not to get packed the night beforehand. Now my aunt is stuck several states away and I'm a nervous wreck (by nervous wreck I mean I nearly had a panic attack when she called and told me), all because her friend made them miss their plane.

I don't get it. If you know you need to be somewhere at x time the next day, why wouldn't pack the night before? It's not just you your making late but others also. Personally, I don't like to be late, I would rather show up at the airport early and have to wait than try and make it in just under the wire.

On top of all that her friend somehow managed to sneak a substance of dubious legality through security and was consuming it in public in a a state where it just being in your system counts as possession! I don't understand some people.

I just wanted to get this out of my system.
I'm not out, I'm not on E, unless things change I doubt I ever will be.
  •  

MaryT

The friend seems to be irresponsible, selfish and lazy.  That's fine unless other people depend on you.   I hope that next time, if there is one, your aunt smiles at her friends, tells them to follow when they are ready, and goes to the airport by herself.
  •  

Geeker

I just got back from picking her up at the airport (she was able to get an unused seat), and she says "never again". I don't blame her in the least.
I'm not out, I'm not on E, unless things change I doubt I ever will be.
  •