Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Transgender ... the luckiest people in the world!

Started by Toni O, November 12, 2017, 11:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni O

"Gender is like a Rubik's Cube with one hundred squares per side, and every time you twist it to take a look at another angle, you make it that much harder a puzzle to solve."

Every transgender girl's path is a little bit different. As time passes and as I experience a kaleidoscope of different people, places and things, I have learned that nothing is simple...least of all us.

My heartfelt conclusion to what it means to "Live the Life" is that there really is no final hurrah. (At least not for me)...and thats a good thing.

Not a single day has passed, in my transition, that I haven't felt like a wide eyed child who just discovered something new and amazing. The LGBTQ community often times dwells on the difficulties we experience in our "Alternative" life styles. God knows I've felt the hurt, the fear, the hate, the mockery and all the rest of misery that so many of us have had to live through. I have the deep scars to prove it.

I also felt the indescribable joy of discovering who I am...not who people think I should be. My fear has dissipated...its gone because I let it go. Haters will keep on hating and to be quite frank about it...thats fine with me. F*ck them!

Kinksters enjoy what they perceive as our "dark, seductive, forbidden" nature. (They so dont get it!) Oh please don't get me wrong...There is no kinkier creature on earth than yours truly..lol..but something wonderous has also happened.....my soul, my nature, my heart, my very essence...has changed. *Permanently.*

I truly believe we are the luckiest people in existence...bar none! We are pioneers in our own lives. We explore, we learn, we fall and we get up...AND WE GROW!

Please excuse my long winded diatribe but ya know what? I am starting to realize... I seriously like me! Take away the makeup, the heels, the provocative posts and all the trappings of femininity and the essence of a woman is still there!
OMG...When did that happen? (Lol!)
Even more amazing, I'm a happy woman whose soul soars at the beautiful opportunity that was given to me.

I hope with all my heart that all of you experience what I'm trying to express in words and probably failing to succinctly do so. Some of you KNOW EXACTLY what I'm saying. Some of you will shrug your shoulders at the ravings of a "crazy bitch" and move on to the next post of a sexy trap or some other "eye candy"  And that's totally fine...I get it! But if you have ever felt even a fleeting moment of self actualization because of your personal choices...hang onto it with both hands because dear ones...you are approaching heaven on earth⚘
Toni
  •  

Devlyn

I also find being transgender to be a great gift. Glad we share the outlook.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Jailyn

Toni these are all great sentiments and I can relate to them even being early on in my transition. I love discovering new things I never thought about like for instance I was thinking and told my ex this. She is my best friend now and love her soul. She has taught me a lot in our time together. Anyway digressing. I told her "if I get with a guy/girl I could potentially now have to change my last name depending on how my significant other felt. This something I never thought about before transitioning. I think discovery of ourselves doesn't stop at transition, that is just the beginning of finding ourselves.
  •  

Jessica_Rose

We all come at this from different angles. Toni, at least for me you hit the nail on the head. Your post echoes exactly what I feel. Yes, there may be a loss of family and acquaintances, but the freedom and joy I have been able to experience far outweighs the pain. I have lived through 40 years of darkness caused by not knowing who I really was. Now I understand, and I consider myself 'lucky' to have finally seen the light. A whole new world is opening up for me and I am loving every minute!
Journal thread - Jessica's Rose Garden
National Coming Out Day video - Coming Out
GCS - GCS and BA w/Dr. Ley
GCS II - GCS II and FFS w/Dr. Ley
FFS II - Jaw and chin surgery w/Dr. Ley
Hair - Hair Restoration
23Mar2017 - HRT / 16Feb2018 - Full Time! / 21Feb2019 - GCS / 26July2019 - GCS II / 13Oct2020 - FFS II
"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot
  •  

Devlyn

Toni added the tags: Transition, Journey, Encouragement, Thoughts  to her post.

I am disappointed that on a site 99% devoted to the negative impacts of being transgender, that we can't allow a person to have a "happy" topic without dragging it 180° off topic. I know some of you are struggling and I  support you, but you have thousands of topics devoted to your issues and the option of creating new topics about the curses. Why post them in a happy spot?

Hugs, Devlyn

•  

Megan.

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on November 13, 2017, 07:44:03 AM
Toni added the tags: Transition, Journey, Encouragement, Thoughts  to her post.

I am disappointed that on a site 99% devoted to the negative impacts of being transgender, that we can't allow a person to have a "happy" topic without dragging it 180° off topic. I know some of you are struggling and I  support you, but you have thousands of topics devoted to your issues and the option of creating new topics about the curses. Why post them in a happy spot?

Hugs, Devlyn
I've deleted my post. Enjoy.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Deborah

Quote from: Megan. on November 13, 2017, 07:51:29 AM
I've deleted my post. Enjoy.

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk
Me too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •  

tgirlamg

Hey Sister!

I ... KNOW EXACTLY... What you are saying and I have echoed similar thoughts many a time!

After a lifetime of hiding and shame about the truth inside me... Nothing can compare to the liberation of stripping off the layers of protective armor I had built around myself and living the truth of who I found at the very core of my being... A joyous, determined woman who was tired of hiding and ready to feel the sun upon her face...

I too consider us some of the luckiest people in the world... Even if some of our days we don't feel "lucky"... We are... The challenges, at times,  can feel overwhelming, insurmountable and filled with the darkness of utter despair....but this journey, like all of life, is truly what you make of it...

There is always free will in our lives to choose our perspectives ... though sometimes, those choices may be difficult for us to see... Some may see only a prison cell where I see a door leading to a thousand other doors... All of them leading to amazing possibilities previously unimagined...

I think that finally discovering and knowing what you need from life ...then, having to fight hard with everything you have to get there brings an appreciation that many in this life will never know... It forces us into levels of self examination that many live a lifetime without... Those people are missing out!!!

Self examination is often the last frontier and an amazing journey not to be missed!!!

Onward we go brave sisters...

Safe Travels!!!

Ashley :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Roll

While I wouldn't say lucky (lucky would be being born female to begin with ;D), I definitely appreciate the fact it is possible to be transgender. I've said this before, but I view being transgender as the tool, or bridge, in order to reach my goal of being who I want to be. In a world without being transgender, I would be, by definition, stuck as male forever. I am very grateful that there is a state "in between" that allows me the chance, even if just a chance, of living my life happily as the gender I wish to be.
~ Ellie
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
I ALWAYS WELCOME PMs!
(I made the s lowercase so it didn't look as much like PMS... ;D)

An Open Letter to anyone suffering from anxiety, particularly those afraid to make your first post or continue posting!

8/30/17 - First Therapy! The road begins in earnest.
10/20/17 - First coming out (to my father)!
12/16/17 - BEGAN HRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5/21/18 - FIRST DAY OUT AS ME!!!!!!!!!
6/08/18 - 2,250 Hair Grafts
6/23/18 - FIRST PRIDE!
8/06/18 - 100%, completely out!
9/08/18 - I'M IN LOVE!!!!
2/27/19 - Name Change!

•  

Selene

Awesome!

Seeing the whole picture. Not being stuck in negative perceptions, but rather flourish in the spirit of personal growth. So much truth there in your words. It's in our words that we tell the different sides to life, as we live it our way. And in doing so, there is no wrong way.   :)
  •