Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Puberty Blocked Without Blockers?

Started by Allie24, November 19, 2017, 07:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allie24

Does anyone know of any conditions that leads to underdevelopment in males that are not a chromosomal or intersex conditions? Is it possible for someone with normal testosterone levels to be largely unaffected by testosterone? I ask because I get the feeling that I should not pass as well as I do given the age I transitioned at (20). Many of the trans women I know who transitioned at 18-20 and sometimes younger appear to have been affected more by male puberty than I was.

My T levels were normal prior to HRT and my E levels were only a teeny-tiny bit above average.

Thoughts?
  •  

extraaction

Quote from: Allie24 on November 19, 2017, 07:46:25 PM
Does anyone know of any conditions that leads to underdevelopment in males that are not a chromosomal or intersex conditions? Is it possible for someone with normal testosterone levels to be largely unaffected by testosterone? I ask because I get the feeling that I should not pass as well as I do given the age I transitioned at (20). Many of the trans women I know who transitioned at 18-20 and sometimes younger appear to have been affected more by male puberty than I was.

My T levels were normal prior to HRT and my E levels were only a teeny-tiny bit above average.

Thoughts?

hypogonadism would be a possible answer to the first question.  partial androgen insensitivity would be a possible answer to the second
beauty is only skin deep, but ugliness goes as deep as the soul
If you lack the strength to defend your beliefs, your beliefs aren't worth defending

The greatest gift you can give a demon is pretending it isn't real....
  •  

Brooke

In my case it was mental health Meds that acted as T blockers, as well as a misdiagnosed epilepsy disorder that in turn affected my autonomic nervous system and hormone levels.

My hormones as a result were always borderline low during puberty.

I had male fail pretty much all of my adult life. My voice never deepened, facial hair was mostly sparse, no Adam's apple development, and pretty androgynous bone structure.

To the best of my knowledge I don't have any intersex condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Dani

Androgen Insensitive Syndrome, either partial or complete. It seems to happen in about 1 in 100,000 births depending on which study you want to quote. Some say 1 in 20,000 and others say 1 in 130,000 births.

Complete AIS people appear externally as normal women but genetically have XY chromosomes.
  •