News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Looking for real people in Melbourne

Started by Chloe2017, November 22, 2017, 06:48:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chloe2017

Hi,
As much as i love the anonymity of online forums and chat rooms i would really love to meet some trans people face to face over a coffee. I feel isolated. I know about the groups "Seahorse Victoria" and "Alphabet Soup", and am beginning to contact them, but i'm curious if any Melbourne folk want to meet and share with me. A 36 year old married, with kids, pre-treatment MtF on a waiting list at Monash. Also if you know any other groups I can look at that have face to face meetings I would appreciate the guidance.

Regards,
Chloe
  •  

Claire_Sydney

Hey Chloe,

Nice to meet you. Sounds like you've got lots happening and some exciting changes ahead !

I'm currently spending my days in Sydney, but Melbourne is my real home! It's where my beautiful family and friends and childhood memories are.

I'm 38 years old. I began transitioning about the age of 35. I completed my transition earlier this year. No family for me, but I have the most gorgeous baby niece and nephew (in Vermont South). I work as a lawyer. I love running and adore dancing. I dance when I can, and work when I should.

I have plenty of trans friends (men, women and non-binary). Some have families and children. But most of them are in Sydney, unfortunately.

I have kept great notes of how my life has changed throughout my transition, so I can probably give you lots of insight. But they will really only be based on my own experiences, and I guess people do experience things differently.

I'm in Melbourne on the 9th and 10th for some family gatherings if you'd like to catch up for a coffee? Otherwise I'll be home for a week or so during the Xmas break.

If you can send me a PM, I'll send you my Facebook details so we can connect.

I'm sure you will meet some wonderful people around Melbourne. It's such a friendly town.

All the best.

Claire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Elektra92

Hi Chloe,

I'm Elektra :) I'm going through the same thing and can emphasize with feeling lonely and the desire to talk to people face to face as opposed to electronically. I'm 25 and in Melbourne too. I am only just starting my transition journey. Please feel free to PM me and do take care of yourself :)
  •  

Veronica J

Hi chloe,

I am in melbourne myself and also looking for people close to my age (39). i am gonna try the alphabetsoup next month. I am also looking at making friends who are going thru this as well.. as you can tell i have been on HRT for 3 months now, separated (kids and ex in NZL). i have always found making friends hard, but i think we need them when going thru this...

anyway, i work in the cbd and live in werribee/hoppers crossig/tarniet area and would be happy to meet up sometime for a chat.

later
VM
  •  

Chloe2017

Hey,
more responses than i expected, but less than i hoped for. I'm trying to fix it to get to Alphabet Soup next month too Veronica. I'm horrible with makeup, but will try to put on a face to blend in. Will pkst again here if i can't make it. All depends on my kids really.
Send me a PM if you want to catch up outside of the event.

Regards,
Chloe
  •  

DawnOday

I found this web site for Victoria. It may be of some help to you in finding a support group.
http://www.transcendsupport.com.au/resources/victoria/
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Veronica J

Quote from: Chloe2017 on November 27, 2017, 04:20:58 PM
Hey,
more responses than i expected, but less than i hoped for. I'm trying to fix it to get to Alphabet Soup next month too Veronica. I'm horrible with makeup, but will try to put on a face to blend in. Will pkst again here if i can't make it. All depends on my kids really.
Send me a PM if you want to catch up outside of the event.

Regards,
Chloe
i am just going as i am :)
  •