Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

OOOOH. Goosebumps

Started by Toni, November 27, 2017, 08:52:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toni

I have the whole 156 episodes of the Twilight Zone on my laptop and usually watch them while I'm riding my stationary bike and exercising.  Tonight I was watching an episode called "Number 12 Looks Just Like You".  About a young girl coming of age in a society where everyone undergoes a more or less mandatory procedure to make them all "beautiful" and look alike after they pick from a few allowable options.  Rod Serling comes on after a few minutes of the show play with his introduction and says, "Imagine a time in the future when science has developed the ability to give everyone the face and body he dreams of".   This episode aired first in 1963 or 1964.  The story is not new, really, but Serling's words really grabbed me more than ever before, especially for me, mtf, when Serling said "he" dreams of.  Little did he know ;D.  Toni
  •  

Maddie86

I absolutely love this show!! I have every season on Blu Ray, every Christmas I watch the "Night of the Meek" episode and cry my eyes out! and that was before hrt lol! I'm actually from Rod Serling's hometown, I've driven by and walked by his childhood house multiple times and hung out at the park that the "walking distance" episode is based off of! He is buried about an hour and a half from here though but I did visit his grave twice, and I even named my old band off him and wrote a bunch of songs about some episodes from the show :) oh yeah I met his daughter once too at a book signing, she was nice and answered a few questions I had!
  •  

Laurie

One of my favorites episodes is based solely on personal bias the episode was called Elegy and the caretaker in it was Mr. Wickwire. I've been called that many times in my life. Someday I may need a different honorific.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•