Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Bloody Urine From Nowhere!

Started by thatonegirlroxx, December 03, 2017, 12:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatonegirlroxx

Hi! I'm quite confused but I think I know what it is already. Half wondering if anyone's gone through a similar issue. ???

So I go to use the restroom; no incidence, discharge on pad (par for the course), and I begin to urinate. The first thing I notice is that it's going everywhere (I'm just over a month post, I understand why) however I notice that instead of urine, its blood! It's definitely at least half blood half urine because it looked like I had cranberry juice in the toilet. No fun. Subsequent times visiting the can, my maxi pads show no signs of blood, but alas I seem to be full of cranberry juice still. Strange thing: no pain, no foul smell, nothing to indicate a UTI, but speaking to a nurse she tells me that's most certainly what I'm dealing with. (I'm definitely wobbling over to urgent care in the morning.) If this indeed a UTI, is this on the more severe end of an infection? Is it really so easy to get these? Where'd the blood come from?! (There doesn't seem to be any tearing of the urethral opening, afaik or see.) We'll see what the doc says...blarg.

Candidly, I'm just terrified of blood and to have it come out of a place you really had hoped didn't bleed any more than it had to.... :'(

•  

Dena

It sounds like a UTI and they are that easy to get. You need to keep things clean and when you use the toilet, wipe front to back and don't reuse toilet paper. I have only had one that I suspect was the result of dehydration but it was much like  your as it wasn't very painful and it produced a large quantity of blood. Expect at least 7 days of antibiotics and if they only offer you 3 or 4, question it. The presence of a prostate requires a longer treatment with antibiotics.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Megan.

It's also possible you've passed a small kidney stone that knicked something on the way out. I'm pre-op but I had this a few years back,  and was peeing claret!
Don't panic but do get to a doctor. X

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•