Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Hormones gasp!

Started by Clairetheanalytical, December 07, 2017, 05:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clairetheanalytical

So I ended up going to a doctor today who can prescribe  hormones and I really thought this was going to be a multi-week potentially multi-month process... but I ended up doing the blood test today and by Monday I'll have the hormones!

Omg I've never been so excited and horrified at the same time! It's getting real!! :o
~ Claire ~
  •  

The Flying Lemur

This is awesome, Claire!  I went to an endo yesterday and have my script today, but I can't pick it up because now insurance is fussing over it.   ::)  I share your excitement, though! 

Also, your name is lovely.  It was my mother's name, and I've always liked it.  :)
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. --Joseph Campbell
  •  

Clairetheanalytical

Thanks Ben!

I tend to associate names with specific people and I've known a lot of kind hearted Claires! So naturally it's my favourite name :)
~ Claire ~
  •  

Jailyn

Tic Tac excitement!!!! That is great!!!!! It is always a relief when you begin your journey and fight the gd head on. Claire it's really good news to hear new trans are getting help!
  •  

Laurie

WOW Claire that's  fantastic!  Please fasten your seat belts before the ride starts.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Clairetheanalytical

:D turns out It'll be closer to next Friday but still so soon! My family knows but I'm no where's near ready to deal with work gahhh it's going to be a ride all right!  :-*
~ Claire ~
  •  

Laurie

You will be fine Claire and you know we are here to help where we can.
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Clairetheanalytical

Thanks Laurie, it means the world  :)
~ Claire ~
  •  

Virginia 71

Quote from: Clairetheanalytical on December 09, 2017, 10:49:48 PM
:D turns out It'll be closer to next Friday but still so soon! My family knows but I'm no where's near ready to deal with work gahhh it's going to be a ride all right!  :-*

I am in a similar situation. After years of trying to get into a doc that would prescribe HRT and therapy and so on I had kind of given up about ten years ago. I stopped dressing and thought I was "over it" but it just came back only more intense this time. I think it is a matter of knowing life is not forever...everyone I have known for the last 20 years is starting to look older. I am still relatively young but I know the clock is ticking.

Anyway, I practically tripped over a doc's office that deals with HRT and I set up an appointment. My experience was the same as yours...it all happened faster than I had imagined. I started taking my prescriptions last Saturday and am eagerly waiting to feel and see things change. I have read that some people notice differences in their thinking at about two weeks. That would be welcome if it happens that soon. Everything I have read says the physical changes mostly start around 3 months. That seems AGES away right now, but when I think about filing my income tax return I realize its really pretty soon. I always think "Oh there is plenty of time to file!" and then BOOM, its 4/15!

My boss knows and is encouraging. His wife works with Trans folks so he is extremely positive and has trans friends himself. My girlfriend knows and some days is OK with it and some days I get sort of verbally beaten up about it. I am sure that will stop, she just has to get used to the idea. I think the crew at work will be OK, a little amused maybe but I always keep them in stitches laughing with my jokes and funny voices so what is the difference? I work had and am decent at what I do. I am lucky to be somewhere that's what really matters. The only person in my family who knows is my sister-in-law. She is accepting and helpful with sorting out when and what to tell my folks exactly. I imagine some of them will have a hard time with it, but that is up to them. I have to accept I can't MAKE them accept me.

SO, like you mentioned, I am kind of flying by the seat of my pants here...making it up as I go. Its the first thing in my life I have felt good about in ages.

I wish you the best and hope it all goes well!

v
  •  

jessica95

Quote from: Clairetheanalytical on December 07, 2017, 05:44:42 PM
So I ended up going to a doctor today who can prescribe  hormones and I really thought this was going to be a multi-week potentially multi-month process... but I ended up doing the blood test today and by Monday I'll have the hormones!

Omg I've never been so excited and horrified at the same time! It's getting real!! :o
Nothing to be horrified about, going on female hormones, should be very wonderfull! Wish you the best!
  •  

krobinson103

A really positive step forward. You are in for a real roller coaster ride. Enjoy it.
Every day is a totally awesome day
Every day provides opportunities and challenges
Every challenge leads to an opportunity
Every fear faced leads to one more strength
Every strength leads to greater success
Success leads to self esteem
Self Esteem leads to happiness.
Cherish every day.
  •  

rainecloude

Hi Claire!

Congrats babes! x :D A similar thing happened to me and I was offered HRT by my doctors after only a couple of weeks. I was shocked but pleasantly surprised.

Get ready to get really excited about having sore boobs. :P

Much love. <3
  •