News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Menswear for (petite) ladies?

Started by whitelotus, December 08, 2017, 01:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitelotus

Hi all!

With the holidays in full swing, it's time for parties and social events of various kinds, and I need some wardrobe advice! I've been able to get by for casual events, but I've got a couple of formal events coming up for which I'm at a total loss.

I enjoy wearing casual dresses in the summer and fall, with leggings and sandals, and tights and boots. But formal dresses are just awkward and wrong for me. The times that I've had to dress up (ie, for job interviews) I go for plain but nice and tailored fit black dress slacks (that break just above floor length while wearing black leather ankle boots), a solid color button up shirt, and either a black jacket/ sport coat or a black sweater vest.

Can y'all recommend any formal (like gala-appropriate) equivalents for menswear inspired, but feminine fit, options? Also, some ideas for "girling" it up a little bit so as to stand out from my male company  :laugh: :laugh: I'm not big on jewelry (earrings are Definitely out. I do wear rings, and will occasionally make exceptions for dainty and interesting chains/ pendants necklaces), and I never wear makeup but would be willing to don some very basic and lightweight foundation or something to give my face a little extra "glow", and colored lip gloss. No eye makeup, I don't have the patience for it, lol. My hair is well-cut, chin-length and naturally curly, so not big on elaborate styling options either however with the right product it comes out very nice so that's not a problem.

Also, I'm short. 5'1", 118 lbs, with a little extra around the middle and a 34C bra size. I know I've heard of lesbian-targeted menswear clothing lines but I can't for the life of me remember what they are.

Any other tips, tricks, etc? Would be Very much appreciated!

Thanks!!
  •