Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

2 very easy Christmas cookie recipies.

Started by Julia1996, December 09, 2017, 10:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julia1996

Hi everyone. I do a lot of baking around Christmas time. Everyone in my house likes to take baked goods to work. I made these 2 recipes with my own sugar cookie dough and cookies. But they can both be made with the storebought tubes of cookie dough. I know not everyone likes, knows how or has time to bake.

Reeses snow balls.

Sugar cookie dough, homemade or storebought.
1 bag if Reeses miniature peanut butter cups.

Take a piece of dough and slightly flatten it. Put a peanut butter cup in the middle, place another piece of dough on top and roll it into a ball. Repeat until you've used all the cookie dough. Bake at 375 for  10-12 minutes until golden. When cool enough to handle roll each ball in powdered sugar.

Sugar cookie truffles.

12 homemade sugar cookies or store bought. If you make these with store bought cookies use fresh baked ones from the store bakery section. Get the unfrosted ones.
3 tablespoons of softened cream cheese.
White chocolate chips.
Candy sprinkles.

Crush the cookies well and add the cream cheese. It's easiest to do it in the food processor  but you could do it by hand. Once its mixed it should be stiff enough to form balls. Roll the cookie mixture into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Melt the white chocolate chips and dip each ball and coat it. Sprinkle it with candy sprinkles and let the chocolate set.

Both of these are really good. Of course I like the Reeses ones the best. Lol.   I have also made chocolate chip cookie dough bites. Just roll chocolate chip cookie dough into balls and then dip them in chocolate.  I don't suggest you use storebought cookie dough for this one. Store bought dough usually has eggs in it and you aren't supposed to eat raw eggs. I just make the standard chocolate chip cookie recipe leaving out the eggs.

Julia

Born 1998
Started hrt 2015
SRS done 5/21/2018
  •  

DawnOday

Quote from: Julia1996 on December 09, 2017, 10:44:37 AM
Hi everyone. I do a lot of baking around Christmas time. Everyone in my house likes to take baked goods to work. I made these 2 recipes with my own sugar cookie dough and cookies. But they can both be made with the storebought tubes of cookie dough. I know not everyone likes, knows how or has time to bake.

Reeses snow balls.

Sugar cookie dough, homemade or storebought.
1 bag if Reeses miniature peanut butter cups.

Take a piece of dough and slightly flatten it. Put a peanut butter cup in the middle, place another piece of dough on top and roll it into a ball. Repeat until you've used all the cookie dough. Bake at 375 for  10-12 minutes until golden. When cool enough to handle roll each ball in powdered sugar.

Sugar cookie truffles.

12 homemade sugar cookies or store bought. If you make these with store bought cookies use fresh baked ones from the store bakery section. Get the unfrosted ones.
3 tablespoons of softened cream cheese.
White chocolate chips.
Candy sprinkles.

Crush the cookies well and add the cream cheese. It's easiest to do it in the food processor  but you could do it by hand. Once its mixed it should be stiff enough to form balls. Roll the cookie mixture into balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Melt the white chocolate chips and dip each ball and coat it. Sprinkle it with candy sprinkles and let the chocolate set.

Both of these are really good. Of course I like the Reeses ones the best. Lol.   I have also made chocolate chip cookie dough bites. Just roll chocolate chip cookie dough into balls and then dip them in chocolate.  I don't suggest you use storebought cookie dough for this one. Store bought dough usually has eggs in it and you aren't supposed to eat raw eggs. I just make the standard chocolate chip cookie recipe leaving out the eggs.

Julia. Soundz really good. I'll have to try them.  When I make chocolate chip cookies I add cinnamon to the mix. It actually draws out the flavor of the chocolate. Very tasty.  I also use a basic recipe to which I can make sugar cookies, snickerdoodles, coconut crisps as well as the  chocolate cookies.
Dawn Oday

It just feels right   :icon_hug: :icon_hug: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss: :icon_kiss:

If you have a a business or service that supports our community please submit for our Links Page.

First indication I was different- 1956 kindergarten
First crossdress - Asked mother to dress me in sisters costumes  Age 7
First revelation - 1982 to my present wife
First time telling the truth in therapy June 15, 2016
Start HRT Aug 2016
First public appearance 5/15/17

•  

Maddie86

yum, these sound great! I might try that reese's cup on! My friend is having a b-day/graduation/going away party in a couple weeks and I told her I want to make a cookie tray. I'm gunna do walnut kolacky, molasses cookies, and maybe some jam logs too!
  •  

Jailyn

The other ones that I like that are easy. They are a no bake cookie. You cook it on a stove. As a kid I called them polar bear poop and bear poop. So yes not appealing name sorry but, they are chocolate and vanilla no bakes. So tasty and easy to make like 30 min max for like a dozen or so. I haven't made them in a while and don't have the recipe on me, but I am sure it is on the net somewhere.
  •