Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

30 day fitness challenge before hrt

Started by Pr0m3th3us42, December 18, 2017, 04:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pr0m3th3us42

Hi all,

I'm pretty overweight (220lbs 5'6"), but I'm going to see an endocrinologist soon about starting hrt. I want to start my transition of on the right foot by trying to complete this beginner 30 day challenge. It involves squats, push ups, plank, and crunches. See the link below. Today was my first day. I decided to split the squats and crunches into three sets. Does anyone else want to join me??

http://www.rcsoatl.com/2014/04/april-fitness-challenge.html?m=1
  •  

Dani

I also am struggling with my weight.

You are on a good start.

In my experience, you must make a permanent change to your eating and exercise habits. 30 days of intensive workouts is just a start. You must either continue the program or evolve into a sustainable exercise program. No need to be excessive. Just be consistent. Don't stop longer than a day or two.

And don't forget to eat properly. Stay away from high calorie meals. Eat a balanced diet.
  •  

Pr0m3th3us42

I hear you. I was hoping that this would be a quick win for myself and establish some momentum toward a longer term effort like the couch to 5k that might actually be more beneficial. The food is definitely a problem though, you're right. The first two times (years ago) that i completed the couch to 5k, i found that it really motivated me to eat better because i felt gross exercising after eating something gross. Without the exercise, i feel like I'm a little less sensitive to that feeling and things tend to get out of hand. In short, i am planning on following up, but i feel like i need the format of the challenge to make it interesting enough to get started.
  •  

Deborah

I just looked at that challenge and WOW, it is challenging - especially getting to a five minute plank.  Good luck in getting there!

I agree with your thoughts on food.  When I don't work out I eat like crap and gain weight.  When I do workout I am much more thoughtful on my diet and find it easy to eat very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •