Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Classical styling of modern music

Started by Artesia, December 24, 2017, 03:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Artesia

So, my girlfriend got me into Mozart Heroes.  Dee got me into David Garrett.  Letting YouTube do it's thing I am in love with the Harp twins Camille and Kennerly!  Amazing!

Anyone have another good classical styling of modern music for me to enjoy?  If not, I hope you get to enjoy the ones I've stumbled across, and been pointed to previously.
All the worlds a joke, and the people, merely punchlines

September 13, 2016 HRT start date
  •  

Michelle_P

Don't have anything interesting (yet), but I'll give these a listen!  Thanks!
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •  

Evienne

Hey I checked out all of those that you posted. Pretty neat.
David Garret made me think of Lindsey Stirling. She's pretty popular so if you haven't actually heard of her she might be another one you may enjoy.

Also if I may suggest, I'm not sure if this is exactly your style but there is a group called "Hidden Citizens" who basically take songs and turn them into epic movie trailer styles. They have made some on Classical songs too.
For instance, my favorite is their recreation of Beethovens Fur Elise:

Just wanted to suggest them incase your still searching.
I hereby sign this message to the understanding that it is what I said. You, the viewer, thus adhere to the adhering of this message to have been adhered.

Ticking Time bomb: 533 days
  •  

Susan Baum

Lindsey Sterling is extraordinary. Check out her video with The Piano Guys - their specialty is pop/classical mashups with some remarkable home-grown cinematography and remarkable locations.

www.youtube.com/9p0BqUcQ7i0

www.youtube.com/Cgovv8jWETM

Susan
edit - fixed links, I hope
Aging is inevitable - growing up is optional.
  •