Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Does getting orchiectomy cause problems with vaginoplasty later?

Started by EmmaLoo, December 26, 2017, 10:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmmaLoo

I realize this isn't information about getting an orchiectomy prior to GCS won't come as a surprise anymore to most people, but it's pretty cool when you can hear it directly from the GCS surgeon.

https://www.facebook.com/drsidhbhgallagher/videos/1955909557957141/
Seriously, I'm just winging it like everyone else. Sometimes it works, other times -- not so much. HRT 2003 - FFS|Orch 2005 - GCS 2017 - No Regrets EVER!
  •  

Devlyn

I went to Dr Oates in Boston for an orchiectomy and asked him how he felt  about performing GRS afterwards (As a point of information, I don't desire vaginoplasty). He said it was no problem at all.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

EmmaLoo

Hi Devlyn,

I think that's the general consensus anymore for the vast majority of surgeons. I can speak to this from personal experience and say - it didn't make any difference. Nevertheless, I feel like surgeons across the board should do a better job with surgery education and outreach for patients with pre and post-surgery issues.

There's far too much detailed information that people only discover on a need-to-know basis after the fact and for many people who travel it can leave you feeling pretty helpless if you have nowhere else to turn. This is all complicated surgery, >-bleeped-< happens, people have issues or post-surgery depression, expectations aren't met, and it can easily spiral out of control. This more common than we let on. They can do better.

Seriously, I'm just winging it like everyone else. Sometimes it works, other times -- not so much. HRT 2003 - FFS|Orch 2005 - GCS 2017 - No Regrets EVER!
  •  

Jailyn

Emma I haven't had either, but as I recently have been researching GRS/GCS they remove them anyway for this surgery so like said above I don't think it will interfere with the later surgery. So you're good if you do the one before they other. Doing the other before is good because you get to take less e after.
  •  

kelly_aus

Depends on the method used for the orchiectomy.. Removal via the inguinal canal should cause no issues at all. Going in via the scrotum can cause scarring that can complicate later SRS.
  •  

wytes

I was told by Dr. Alter in my specific case it has no effect, even if I wait decade+ time frame.

•  

Lena101

Thanks for asking this, I was curious about it too.  I appreciate all the replies.

EmmaLoo, I agree that sometimes details seem lacking when trying to find out more about some procedures.  Unanswered questions can lead to more anxieties & often those anxieties can be soothed with facts & experience from others in the know.  That is why this place is such a wonderful resource.
  •