Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Critical distractions during transition

Started by Marcieelizabeth, December 27, 2017, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marcieelizabeth

Hi all MTF Marcie here, im on HRT fir a few months now, and spirit and hair growth drugs.  But my family, my wife in particular is dealing with a bad injury so I have little time nor Feeling that I should deal with the issues going on in my transition.  Nothing has changed in that for me, still not out to my entire family, disphoria, and lots if ups and downs.  But the outside issue of having to care for my wife and family are keeping those buried.  Nit sure if this will end better it worse for that? I mean not really directly dealing with all the changes as they are occuring in me, now while they are going on.

Love and hugs Marcie
:-*

First memory of cross-dressing - age 8 - 1967
Marcie Since 6-17-17   :D
Out to wife 6-27-17  :D :D
Started HRT 10-13-17  :D :D :D
First time completely me at therapy on 10-31-17 <3
Started Finestrade on 11-1-17 <3
Estradiol and Spiro to therapeutic levels on 12-4-17
Went out totally as Marcie with friends sans beard 3-24-18
Estradiol increased second time 3-27-18
Out to both sisters 2-3-19

...it makes me smile to know its me, fearful about losing the good things in my life, anxious about every single step, doubting my resolve, determined to stop living a lie,  VERY hopeful for the future as myself, Marcie, and I am thankful to have this safe place
  •  

Michelle_P

That's rough having the family and injured wife at the same time as you are starting in on your HRT.   Something that might be to your benefit, though, is that HRT is a very slow process, and the care you need to deliver to your wife and family can be a welcome distraction from the dysphoria.

As I recall, you just got bumped up to therapeutic levels of HRT a few weeks ago.  If you can spend a few months delivering the care others need, then you and they might be able to better work on your care once the effects of HRT have started to kick in for real.

My experience was that I was impatient and spent too much time worrying about myself when I was first on HRT.  A good distraction would have been useful for me for the first few months.

Yes, I'm trying to put a positive spin on an unfortunate situation, but I have found that to be a useful way to process the ups and downs of transition, and I hope you don't mind my suggesting this.
Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

My personal transition path included medical changes.  The path others take may require no medical intervention, or different care.  We each find our own path. I provide these dates for the curious.
Electrolysis - Hours in The Chair: 238 (8.5 were preparing for GCS, five clearings); On estradiol patch June 2016; Full-time Oct 22, 2016; GCS Oct 20, 2017; FFS Aug 28, 2018; Stage 2 labiaplasty revision and BA Feb 26, 2019
Michelle's personal blog and biography
  •