Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Adventures in cooking

Started by Siobhan Amanda, December 30, 2017, 03:14:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siobhan Amanda

"Life is one big daring adventure or else it's nothing " now I like this statement, it's full of passion, bold, uncompromisingly uncompromising and to be honest, words that I can spell... of course life is far from romantic twiddling sometimes, it has crumbly bits and a fair amount of bellybutton fluff and this reminds me of a trip I did some years ago last June on Christmas Eve....
I was in my Land Rover travelling to the remote regions of Berminam ,half a day north of That quaint settlement called London. The track was arduous, fraught and riddled with SUVSw's and to make matters worse I was constantly aware that by posting this in the cooking section I'd do well to review any edibles that I came across to avoid possible removal to another section of the forum.
Disaster (it is said)
has a habit of striking when one doesn't want it and this time it struck in the form of a red light... not good, I knew from experience that it could be sometime, possibly even minutes before I could expect a rescue and in an harsh environment such as Berminam, lunch expectancy wouldn't be long.
However when one is placed in a harrowing situation first class training has to kick in. Stop. Think . Breathe. Lunch. What do I have?.
A search of the Rover revealed the left rear seat pocket contained 3 smaller bread pockets ,pristinely shrink wrapped that might double up as edible in a pinch. Hope then, but glancing at the sun I could see that lunchtime was waning and could easily be missed altogether.
Against all experience and training I decided to leave my vehicle and forage. The region was littered with strange angular rather quaint caves and the local inhabitants seemed oblivious to my predicament, after much gesturing I was led into one of the caves where one of the indigenous chaps was calving what looked like roast elephant legs. A little bartering ensues and I'm allowed to fill my bread pockets with slivers of the meat, which surprisingly did taste a bit like chicken.
I was about to get the recipe when, just my luck the RAC unit steamed into view to perform one of their now notorious precision rescues...
It's not quite the same these days but with strips of magnolia coated wood chip paper marinaded in a balsamic brown paint wash, 180 degrees for twenty minutes
Is the closest I've got to replicating that dish......and it's close enough.
It makes me smile to remember that simple rustic dish first sampled years ago, and gives one hope that when things do indeed get desperate and dire, life itself can provide it's own unique solutions, but given the choice always and I mean always except the chilli sauce.
Siobhan x
"You only live twice"
  •  

Laurie

Siobhan

That was one harrowing adventure into the culinary rites in the bush. It is a darn good thing those indigenous cave dwellers were peaceful and inviting by nature. Frequently one finds themselves the main entree on the menu instead of being invited to sample it. You certainly are a brave girl to embark on such a risky venture. I am glad you managed to survive and be able to relate your adventures for us less ambitious types.

Hugs,
  Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Laurie on December 30, 2017, 10:51:57 AM
Siobhan

That was one harrowing adventure into the culinary rites in the bush. It is a darn good thing those indigenous cave dwellers were peaceful and inviting by nature. Frequently one finds themselves the main entree on the menu instead of being invited to sample it. You certainly are a brave girl to embark on such a risky venture. I am glad you managed to survive and be able to relate your adventures for us less ambitious types.

Hugs,
  Laurie
Thanks Laurie, it was touch and go at times.
X
"You only live twice"
  •  

Megan.

You really were in the midlands of nowhere [emoji4]. But sage advice on the chilli sauce!

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Megan. on December 30, 2017, 03:33:29 PM
You really were in the midlands of nowhere [emoji4]. But sage advice on the chilli sauce!

hi Megan , hope you're Christmas was good😀 not too many more sleeps till your trip!
"You only live twice"
  •  

Megan.

Quote from: Siobhan Amanda on December 30, 2017, 03:41:55 PM
hi Megan , hope you're Christmas was good[emoji3] not too many more sleeps till your trip!
I did tnx hun [emoji5], I hope yours was good too?

I fly in 8 days; it's cold there right now,  I might freeze my b*ll***ks off,  but that would save on an orchi [emoji23]. X

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Megan. on December 30, 2017, 03:53:00 PM
I did tnx hun [emoji5], I hope yours was good too?

I fly in 8 days; it's cold there right now,  I might freeze my b*ll***ks off,  but that would save on an orchi [emoji23]. X

😂 that's I good idea I'd not thought about that method, there's always more than one way...
Christmas was interesting as I still have previous life issues but I'm in a very happy place  that aside and I think I'll get through the issues amicably.
So here's to 2018 and a future ☺️
"You only live twice"
  •  

Megan.

Awsome! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your adventures, they make Indiana Jones sound pedestrian. X

•  

Siobhan Amanda

Quote from: Megan. on December 30, 2017, 04:05:06 PM
Awsome! I'm looking forward to hearing more of your adventures, they make Indiana Jones sound pedestrian. X

😂I'm surprised no ones told me to knob off. But I think it's good for me I think to erm have them x
"You only live twice"
  •