Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

I guess I finally look androgynous!!!

Started by Aaliyah, January 01, 2018, 02:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaliyah

So, today I went to my friends' New Years Eve Party. I am out to them, but am not going by a new name and pronouns yet. However, a 6 year old kid at the party called me her and she the whole night! I was around the kid for like 2 or 3 hours and he kept saying she! All I was wearing was a woman's jacket, skinny jeans, adidas, and natural make up that took me like 25 minutes to do! I am pre HRT and 19 years old by the way.  I guess the way I carry myself made the difference for the kid. Maybe this is a random one time occurrence or I've finally reached looking somewhat female to people who don't know me!

•  

Jailyn

Well kids recognize gender congruence better than adults!!! As adults we are already socialized to how a persons face looks, body build, clothing, mannerisms, and the whole breadth of gender. So an adult will automatically assume based off all of that girl/boy woman/man. While children just seem to know what you are going for. I get better identified by kids and I hear them in my store all the ask is she a girl mom and sometimes they will correct the child or agree with them. On the same token kids will out you quicker too, very innocently but, they still do it. So yeah love kids!!!!!
  •