Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Name and gender change for Italian citizens

Started by Bee Michelotti, January 06, 2018, 10:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bee Michelotti

Hi, I'm an Italian FTM living in London for 12 years now. Been on T for 1 year. I've been struggling finding info on how to change my passport details. The consulate itself is useless and I don't actually know any FTM or MTF from Italy in London. If there's anyone here that is in similar situation or can advise me on what to do please give me a shout her. It would be much appreciated! Many thanks, Bee
  •  

Yakayla

Usually there are two different places where you can get your name changed, and that would be city hall or the courthouse. If not, they should at least know where you have to go to get it done. And your name would have to be legally changed, before you could change the name of your visa, which would probably have to be done at the embassy. But my best friend is from England. I'll text her, and she if she knows anything. Legal stuff is always a hassle lol.
If I've known you more than an hour, I prolly love you  :icon_redface:
  •  

Yakayla

I thought she had to work late, but she just texted me back. She said that you should go the registry office to change your name.
If I've known you more than an hour, I prolly love you  :icon_redface:
  •  

KathyLauren

Hi, Bee!

Welcome to Susan's.

You will need to change your Italian birth certificate.  If there is a Vital Statistics bureau in Italy, or some equivalent, they are the people to contact.  You will have to follow whatever procedures they decide to make that change.

Once your birth certificate is changed, you can probably use that to get your British papers updated, such as visa, driver's license, etc.

Please feel free to stop by the Introductions forum to tell the members about yourself.  Here is some information that we like to share with new members:

Things that you should read

2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •