Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Phalloplasty (without internal device) rigid enough for penetrative sex?

Started by zkfdmlshfo2, January 09, 2018, 01:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zkfdmlshfo2

Hello, guys!
This is the first time I'm ever writing a post here at Susan's, so if I do anything wrong please inform me :)

I am 3 weeks post-phalloplasty and on my way to recover.
By now I am quite satisfied with the aesthetics; a 5 inch of thick, beige-colored sausage... ;D (thou my thighs look horrible, I got used to it anyway)
Right now I don't have any feelings on my dick but I am sure the sensations will come back as time goes by.

My doctor told me that any internal device for erection could cause high risks of complications while the effects are not that prominent (the dick wouldn't get much bigger in girth or length compared to the case of cisguys), so I agreed to proceed the surgery as he recommended.
Since I can't get erected, I made my dick think and long so that the size could compensate the unavailability to erect.
The problem is all about the rigidity... I touch my dick and I find that this could not be firm enough for penetrative sex.
I have never had seen or touched cisguy's dick, so no idea how rigid it is when it is erected.
I searched for some info and saw some transguys who shared the same problem with me and they recommend using "sleeves" or the specific product called the "elator."

My questions are...

1. Any guys who have had penetrative sex without internal nor external devices? I mean, just with your 100% pure neophallus. Did you make it? :o    Were both of you satisfied (if it is possible to figure out whether your partner was) ?

2. To my fellas who have used the external devices (the sleeves or the elator, etc.), was your experience successful?
Will my dick really get hard when I put it on?

3. Is "free-device" phalloplasty normal? All the information I found says as if inserting internal device (at least non-inflatable semi-erected) is the usual case. How many of you had the surgery the way I did?

4. What is this "sleeve" thing? Is it some kind of fleshlight? All I know about sleeves is all about the clothes LOL
Where can I get that?

+ some junk questions... I think it would be pretty awkward to get up, search my closet and put on the device on my dick, in the middle of the hugging and kissing (laughing crying) cuz when I used the packer or dildo that was what I did and I don't want to repeat it again. Do all the guys do the same or do you just put it on in advance before anything moody happens?

+ Could someone please tell me how to use the "sleeves" or the "elator"? haha

Sorry, long story and many questions... but I believe answering them can't be that hard.
I would really appreciate your helps! I really do need the information but got nowhere to find the answers.

Waiting for any kinds of replies! Thank you XD

•  

RedSoxMichael

I have no personal experience with this but this guy who had his phallo done in the UK said he just used two condoms and that made him hard enough for PIV.
  •  

zkfdmlshfo2

Quote from: RedSoxMichael on January 20, 2018, 11:16:11 AM
I have no personal experience with this but this guy who had his phallo done in the UK said he just used two condoms and that made him hard enough for PIV.

Thanks for your reply. So, to make it sure, he had the surgery done w/o internal device for erection? Hope just two condoms work for me as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

AndrewB

I can't answer all of these, due to just not having the experience to, but I'll go ahead and answer what I can

Quote2. To my fellas who have used the external devices (the sleeves or the elator, etc.), was your experience successful?
Will my dick really get hard when I put it on?

I haven't used the Elator because you need a defined glans to do so, and I've not really bothered with a sleeve because I'm more of a bottom. But in my own time I've used either self-adhesive wrap (sometimes called "Coban" wrap) or two condoms paired with a cock ring and those have both worked well. I imagine the double-condom method will be my preferred method once I have more erotic sensation in the penis, but since all my erotic sensation is still in the base, either works fine for me right now. Granted, it's still not as hard a cis penis in either case because cis penises have erectile tissue that gets them really hard, but it should allow for enough rigidity to please you and a partner.

Quote3. Is "free-device" phalloplasty normal? All the information I found says as if inserting internal device (at least non-inflatable semi-erected) is the usual case. How many of you had the surgery the way I did?

Usually it's more up to the patient than the surgeon, which doesn't seem to be the case here, it seems like your surgeon (can I ask who it was?) is really pushing you into not getting one, when it sounds like you'd like one, or at least like the option. I will not be having an erectile device at this time because a) I'm a bottom and b) I'm young, a student, and without a lucrative career at this point in my life, so signing myself up for almost definite surgery down the road doesn't interest me at all. I'm honestly happy with what I have, but again, I don't top.

Quote4. What is this "sleeve" thing? Is it some kind of fleshlight? All I know about sleeves is all about the clothes LOL
Where can I get that?

I'm assuming you're talking about something like this [NSFW]: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71AMkcA8wyL.jpg

Penis sleeves/Penis Extenders are pretty common among cis guys even. They're usually used to increase the girth and/or length of a guy's penis, but some of the harder ones could be used for rigidity. I haven't used one, though, so I wouldn't know!

Quote+ some junk questions... I think it would be pretty awkward to get up, search my closet and put on the device on my dick, in the middle of the hugging and kissing (laughing crying) cuz when I used the packer or dildo that was what I did and I don't want to repeat it again. Do all the guys do the same or do you just put it on in advance before anything moody happens?

Would it really be any more awkward than reaching for a condom? I'd just put it on right before use; sex is kind of supposed to be a little awkward sometimes, but if you can't laugh with it a bit and roll with something as quick as throwing on a sleeve or something I guess that's a conversation to have with a partner.

Quote+ Could someone please tell me how to use the "sleeves" or the "elator"? haha

The elator only works if you have a defined glans, as it is basically a tension rod between the base of your penis/body and the ridge of the glans. If you don't have glansplasty, then the Elator won't work for you and will just slip right off. The sleeves are a bit different because they usually go over the entire penis, so they'll stay on so long as you have enough girth to fill them, really.

I'll also say this: If your surgeon is dissuading you from getting an erectile device and you want one, go to another surgeon if possible. The pump does have a higher complication rate than the semi-rigid rod, but some like the pump because they still want the availability of a wholly flaccid dick. The semi-rigid rod does still allow for malleability in the penis but not at much as the pump. But because the pump has more "moving parts" to it, it does have a higher failure rate, and generally needs replaced within 10 years, whereas the rod is more likely to last 20+ years (but obviously no guarantee, there are cases of rejection, malfunction, etc. with the rod).
Andrew | 21 | FTM | US | He/Him/His

•  

zkfdmlshfo2

Quote from: AndrewB on January 27, 2018, 04:25:45 PM
I can't answer all of these, due to just not having the experience to, but I'll go ahead and answer what I can

I haven't used the Elator because you need a defined glans to do so, and I've not really bothered with a sleeve because I'm more of a bottom. But in my own time I've used either self-adhesive wrap (sometimes called "Coban" wrap) or two condoms paired with a cock ring and those have both worked well. I imagine the double-condom method will be my preferred method once I have more erotic sensation in the penis, but since all my erotic sensation is still in the base, either works fine for me right now. Granted, it's still not as hard a cis penis in either case because cis penises have erectile tissue that gets them really hard, but it should allow for enough rigidity to please you and a partner.

Usually it's more up to the patient than the surgeon, which doesn't seem to be the case here, it seems like your surgeon (can I ask who it was?) is really pushing you into not getting one, when it sounds like you'd like one, or at least like the option. I will not be having an erectile device at this time because a) I'm a bottom and b) I'm young, a student, and without a lucrative career at this point in my life, so signing myself up for almost definite surgery down the road doesn't interest me at all. I'm honestly happy with what I have, but again, I don't top.

I'm assuming you're talking about something like this [NSFW]: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71AMkcA8wyL.jpg

Penis sleeves/Penis Extenders are pretty common among cis guys even. They're usually used to increase the girth and/or length of a guy's penis, but some of the harder ones could be used for rigidity. I haven't used one, though, so I wouldn't know!

Would it really be any more awkward than reaching for a condom? I'd just put it on right before use; sex is kind of supposed to be a little awkward sometimes, but if you can't laugh with it a bit and roll with something as quick as throwing on a sleeve or something I guess that's a conversation to have with a partner.

The elator only works if you have a defined glans, as it is basically a tension rod between the base of your penis/body and the ridge of the glans. If you don't have glansplasty, then the Elator won't work for you and will just slip right off. The sleeves are a bit different because they usually go over the entire penis, so they'll stay on so long as you have enough girth to fill them, really.

I'll also say this: If your surgeon is dissuading you from getting an erectile device and you want one, go to another surgeon if possible. The pump does have a higher complication rate than the semi-rigid rod, but some like the pump because they still want the availability of a wholly flaccid dick. The semi-rigid rod does still allow for malleability in the penis but not at much as the pump. But because the pump has more "moving parts" to it, it does have a higher failure rate, and generally needs replaced within 10 years, whereas the rod is more likely to last 20+ years (but obviously no guarantee, there are cases of rejection, malfunction, etc. with the rod).

Oh my God thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate it. I'll have to take some time to read what you wrote for me.

Yesterday I went back thru and read almost all the threads (ftmtalk) and your answers here and there were such a great help.
If you don't mind, did you take the phalloplasty (forearm / thigh) and when?
I'm now 6 weeks post op (that uses your thigh) and devoting my efforts to learn about the things coming up next. Especially a lot of questions regarding penetrative sex..[emoji23]
Yeah, you're right. As you said, recently I'm wondering if I'd better go thru the erectile device implants surgery or not. My plan so far has been not going with that, but now that I touch my phallus and judge the rigidity, I maybe need one.

My surgeon is a South Korean as I am. He is not worldwide known like Dr.Chen or Dr.Miro, but has done beautiful works so far. He adivises not inserting any devices for safety, but as he is almost the only doctor that does SRS in South Korea, I don't know whom to visit if I want erectile device implants[emoji848] Really considering now...

Well anyway I really appreciate your sharing of experiences!

Thanks a lot
Take care!
  •  

AndrewB

I used my arm as a donor site (called RFF for Radial Forearm Free flap), my surgeon was Dr. Chen. I'm coming up on being 5 months post-op.

I wish I had more answers for you on regards to penetrative sex, but unfortunately this isn't something I've had experience with (yet). Hopefully you find something that works for you, it may take some time to experiment and really get a feel for what you like, when the time comes. And you may find you need an ED, and hopefully your surgeon is willing to work with you, should you need that. Since he outright pushes people away from getting them, though, I'd probably be wary about going to him for that operation. I don't know how much experience he has, obviously, but if he does push his patients away from them I doubt he has as much experience as those who don't, and perhaps part of his wariness to insert them comes from a lack of capability to do so properly. Just something to consider.
Andrew | 21 | FTM | US | He/Him/His

•  

zkfdmlshfo2

Quote from: AndrewB on January 28, 2018, 12:06:26 PM
I used my arm as a donor site (called RFF for Radial Forearm Free flap), my surgeon was Dr. Chen. I'm coming up on being 5 months post-op.

I wish I had more answers for you on regards to penetrative sex, but unfortunately this isn't something I've had experience with (yet). Hopefully you find something that works for you, it may take some time to experiment and really get a feel for what you like, when the time comes. And you may find you need an ED, and hopefully your surgeon is willing to work with you, should you need that. Since he outright pushes people away from getting them, though, I'd probably be wary about going to him for that operation. I don't know how much experience he has, obviously, but if he does push his patients away from them I doubt he has as much experience as those who don't, and perhaps part of his wariness to insert them comes from a lack of capability to do so properly. Just something to consider.

Hi Andrew Thank you for you reply again.
Your answers helped me and my friends so much ;) made us discuss what to do about this ED thing, since we all had the surgery from the same doctor. I personally am making up my mind to first try having sex without "devices" (gonna try double-condom method as you and Michael above had advised) and then move on to the next methods if the previous ones don't work for me. I hope I could be satisfied before I have to seriously consider another surgeries. Those costs, time, probable pains and even that long waiting time trying to decide which sort of ED I would get... brings me a light headache already :P

5 months! Quite shorter than I expected. I thought you must have been post-op much longer than that, idk why... guess  I was unconsciously pre-assuming so based on your active works on this website and all those knowledges. I hope you are getting better and better and totally satisfied with what you've achieved :)

To share my personal experience, I tried masturbating a couple of days ago (btw 6-7 weeks post-op) and I did have erotic sensation and felt orgasm, though it was rather "comfortable" than powerful as it was when I could directly stimulate my clitoris before (hope this is not TMI! lol) I have this dark feeling that the rest of my life could not be super happy if this orgasm is the best I've got ! Does sensation get more lively as time goes by? As you being 5 months post-op, I want to ask your opinion on the sensation parts as long as you are okay with it. Either way I would appreciate your help anyway.

Have a great day and get well!
  •  

cip1025

Hey, the moment I read that you are from South Korea, I would suggest you go look in to Thailand's Kamol Cosmetic Hospital. I just had my stage 1 phalloplasty done. Their experience of phalloplasty and result is arguably at the top, globally. If not, their service and after care are definitely at the top. The whole hospital are almost for trans, they business based on us. They have done many phalloplasty, including putting in an implant, a pump or a semi-rigid one, they recommended using a semi-rigid one because it has less complication. I have met far too many doctors and surgeon who will simply say no when the real reason behind was just their skill and experience is not enough to make it happen. So don't stop yet, you can go have a consultation in Thailand. Their price is so much cheaper then the US and Europe, and their skills might have already surpassed other places around the world.
  •  

LizK

Quote from: cip1025 on February 09, 2019, 11:57:51 PM
Hey, the moment I read that you are from South Korea, I would suggest you go look in to Thailand's Kamol Cosmetic Hospital. I just had my stage 1 phalloplasty done. Their experience of phalloplasty and result is arguably at the top, globally. If not, their service and after care are definitely at the top. The whole hospital are almost for trans, they business based on us. They have done many phalloplasty, including putting in an implant, a pump or a semi-rigid one, they recommended using a semi-rigid one because it has less complication. I have met far too many doctors and surgeon who will simply say no when the real reason behind was just their skill and experience is not enough to make it happen. So don't stop yet, you can go have a consultation in Thailand. Their price is so much cheaper then the US and Europe, and their skills might have already surpassed other places around the world.

Dear Cip1025

Welcome to Susan's. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Why don't you head on over to our introduction forum and tell us a bit more about yourself

So you are able to get the very best from being here there are a couple of links we give to all our new members

Regards

Liz

Things that you should read

Transition Begun 25 September 2015
HRT since 17 May 2016,
Fulltime from 8 March 2017,
GCS 4 December 2018
Voice Surgery 01 February 2019
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Quote from: cip1025 on February 09, 2019, 11:57:51 PM
@cip1025 
Dear cip1025:
     I am so very glad that you have become a member here and this is your very first posting.   I am happy to see that you found the Susan's Place Forums.

I also see that our lovely member  @LizK  has recently already given you a big Welcome !!

As you post on the forums you will be able to exchange thoughts and comments with others that are experiencing many of the same things that you are.   I expect that you will be getting many members offering their thoughts and suggestions as you continue to post here. 

This is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation and as you continue to feel free to share with all of us.

I also want to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***There is a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new like-minded friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.

Look at the important and informative LINKS that  LizK  attached to her message to you,....   they will help you to navigate around the Forums and will allow you to enjoy the features here.     
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@cip1025   
Oh, and another thing Cip1025...
As  @LizK  suggested in her Welcome Message to you, please plan to write a post and tell us more about yourself in the Introductions Forum so that other members will be aware of your arrival... therefore you will be able to share your thoughts with more members here.

Thank you again for joining Susan's Place and being involved in the Forums here.
Best wishes to you,
Danielle

NOTE: Now after all of this Greeting Stuff I will let you have your thread back so you can pursue answers to your questions.
Other members here will certainly be along to give you their comments and suggestions that you may be seeking
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •