Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Bienestar in East L.A. (Transgender Support Group)

Started by Asakawa, January 11, 2018, 04:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asakawa

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this group has been mentioned before, but Bienestar in East L.A. is a nice support group for transgender women. I have gone there myself a couple of times and they have meetings for the group where everyone gets together and talks about transgender issues. Everyone there is really nice and supportive and I really felt welcomed in there. All the girls also get together on holidays and other festive days and eat together at the center so it is quite nice almost family like. This is more like a Transgender Latina group, but I have seen a lot of other ethnicity there also. I believe they have other groups for like gay and bisexual individuals in case anyone else is interested. I was mainly there just to meet the other girls and they were very nice to me and welcoming. As far as I know there are no fees to go there so its all nice and free. They have other locations too, but I went to the one in east los angeles. I think I might have gone to el monte, but I don't recall if there was a transgroup in that specific location. Anyway here is their website and info:

http://www.bienestar.org/eng/page/106/East-Los-Angeles-.html

As of 1/11/2018 this is what I see listed

Weekly Community Gatherings

Gay Youth Group LGBTQ Tuesday   6-8 pm
Gay Men living with HIV / AIDS Tuesdays   7-9 pm
Gay & Bisexual Men's Group Wednesdays   7-9 pm   
Transgender Women   Thursdays   1-3 pm

East Los Angeles Center
5326 E. Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles CA 90022

Business Hours:
Monday - Friday 10am to 7pm
Phone: (323) 727-7896
Fax:  (323) 727-7985

Weekly Community Gatherings
CENTER SUPERVISOR:
Silvia Valerio

svalerio@bienestar.org
  •  

Yakayla

I don't live in America anymore. But I just wanted to say that's really cool of you to get the info out there. Hopefully someone that needs the help will find this. *hugs*
If I've known you more than an hour, I prolly love you  :icon_redface:
  •