Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Seeking friends from the Gulf Coast on Medicare

Started by laurenpen, January 17, 2018, 08:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laurenpen

I'm Lauren,a transwoman from the panhandle of Florida. I was born Intersexed,and they decided I would be a boy. They removed my female genitialia at a young age. I have a vague recollection of this surgery,and was told I had an inguinal hernia.
As a young boy,I had a strong desire to wear my mother's bra and panties,and was too young to understand why I did this. As time went on,I envied girls and women having breasts and pretty clothes. I began crossdressing in my 20's,and did this on and off for many years. I was very good at keeping this secret. At age 50,I went to a LGBT dance as woman. I wore black heels,a cute dress,full makeup,and had my hair done. It was the most exciting and satisfying day of my life. If you know the story of Denee Mallon,it describes me. I have always felt about 60% female,and about a year ago I began growing female breasts with no added hormones. My estrogen had kicked in. Currently,I shave my entire body,wear a bra fulltime,paint my toenails,and dress as woman at home. My hair is shoulder length,and I've decided to start the transition to possible SRS.

I'm looking for friends of Medicare age to advise me on my transition. I've done a lot of research on the process,and
know I start with a doctor,and begin HRT. Looking for advice. Lauren
  •  

Laurie

Hi  lauren,

I'm Laurie,  I am 65 and mtf in transition. I have been on hormones for 13 1/2 months but who's counting? I started after reading about gender dysphoria and know that it was describing me. I cross dressed almost all my life and I got to a point where I admitted it was something I could not stop and I tried. many time I tried. Joining the Navy didn't stop it. Getting married didn't stop it. Raising a family didn't stop it either nor did alcoholism and drug abuse. Nothing stopped it for long and I always felt as though there was something missing to in it. And there was All along I wished I could be a girl and later a woman. After finding out about gender dysphoria I knew what it was. What was missing was being myself and I was a woman.
  Since you are new here. So please let me say, Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around.  Perhaps I can even get you to hop on over to the Introductions Thread and  create a post to tell us a little bit more about yourself so we can get to know you a little better and greet you properly. I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

Laurie
Global Moderator
Laurie@susans.org

Things that you should read

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess