Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Looking for SRS advice

Started by -Justine-, January 30, 2018, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

-Justine-

Hi all first off a little about me....I've been transitioning now for 4 years full time for 3 years. My SRS is scheduled and paid for. It is being done in the USA. I have done a year of electrolysis and the surgery area is clear. I am scheduled for vaginoplasty full depth and then the Labiaplasty 6 months later

I am looking for any advice/ tips/ tricks etc from those of you that have had the surgery/surgeries about preparation prior to surgery, recovery, life afterwards and  just the basic care and general upkeep of my new vagina. So advice on things such as dilating, lubricants, best way to keep clean, protecting the clitoris until i get the Labiaplasty etc.

Thanks  :)
  •  

echo7

Almost all of the recovery info you need will be provided by your surgeon. Follow the instructions exactly and carefully. Each SRS surgeon has different instructions for post-op care, so it's difficult to give specific advice. Since you're getting a two-stage SRS, I'm guessing you're having your surgery with Dr Meltzer or Dr Ley?

One bit of advice that is universal though, is to get in shape before surgery. Doing a lot of cardio exercise and having good physical stamina before your surgery will make your recovery much smoother and faster.

As for lubricants, I've found Surgilube to be useful. It's water soluble, bacteriostatic, and reasonably priced if bought in bulk.
  •  

Ashley1212

Hi,
I second that. Being in the best shape physically before surgery will help you the most for a faster  recovery. Also gives your more freedom to do stuff for your self. Like get out of bed and sit in a chair.
One thing I wish I did more if was hair removal. I did above and beyond what was required of me for my surgeon. But still wish I did more. Thats my personal preference. I dont like hair.
Best of luck on upcoming surgery.
Ashley
  •  

HappyMoni

Justine,
   I would be diligent about dilations. It pays off. There is so much I could say. I had a thread about my surgery with Dr. McGinn if you are interested.   

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,224630.0.html

Hope it goes well for you.
Moni
If I ever offend you, let me know. It's not what I am about.
"Never let the dark kill your light!"  (SailorMars)

HRT June 11, 2015. (new birthday) - FFS in late June 2016. (Dr. _____=Ugh!) - Full time June 18, 2016 (Yeah! finally) - GCS June 27, 2017. (McGinn=Yeah!) - Under Eye repair from FFS 8/17/17 - Nose surgery-November 20, 2017 (Dr. Papel=Yeah) - Hair Transplant on June 21, 2018 (Dr. Cooley-yeah) - Breast Augmentation on July 10, 2018 (Dr. Basner in Baltimore) - Removed bad scarring from FFS surgery near ears and hairline in August, 2018 (Dr. Papel) -Sept. 2018, starting a skin regiment on face with Retin A  April 2019 -repairing neck scar from FFS

]
  •  

SadieBlake

Single stage procedure with Heidi Wittenberg last April, my thread about getting to the point and post op experience is here: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,218067.0.html

I've also noted my pre-op shopping and travel checklist somewhere and could dig it up for you.

I agree with the be in good shape note as well as be well rested. I arrived to my GCS far too fatigued from a frantic month leading up to it and wish I hadn't.
🌈👭 lesbian, troublemaker ;-) 🌈🏳️‍🌈
  •