News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Hi there

Started by Twahab, February 15, 2018, 06:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twahab

Hi you beautiful souls!

Firstly can I say I've been reading through some posts and everyone on here is so lovely it warms my heart!
I am currently in my final year at university and I am conducting research which shockingly has not been done before. I am arguing that sexual orientation and gender identity are two separate concepts. Research in psychology has been determined to prove that your sexual orientation is based on your gender identity and I do not believe that it is. I do not believe that everything should be defined and confined in such a way.

< Edit made by moderator TOS 1 & 13 >
  •  

Laurie

Hi  Twahab,

I'm Laurie, I see that you are new here. So please let me say, Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around.  Perhaps I can even get you to hop on over to the Introductions Thread and  create a post to tell us a little bit more about yourself so we can get to know you a little better and greet you properly.
  As to your research I believe you are correct that gender and sexual orientation are separate things. In fact I thought this was already a foregone conclusion in the medical world. But I am no scholar nor in the medical field so I'll have to defer to those professionals.
  I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

I am sorry to have to remove your references and link to your survey. They were not in compliance with our Terms of Service, Such things need to be pre-approved by the site's owner Susan. You will find the information in the terms of service link below under TOS 13.

Laurie
Global Moderator
Laurie@susans.org

Things that you should read

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

Jessica

Hi Twahab!  I'm Jessica.  Welcome to Susan's Place.  I agree with Laurie and yourself that gender and orientation are separate.  I too thought that was a foregone conclusion.  I'm at least certain it is for myself. 

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

V M

Hi Twahab  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Twahab

Dear Jessica, Laurie and VM,

Thank you so much for your warm welcomes.

It's surprising, when I first read about the research I too thought they would've  been seen as two separate concepts however, when I looked at the research in depth. surprisingly enough most research (in psychology) related gender identity to sexual orientation.
Hopefully I will be able to shine a different light on the topic and make some difference.

And I apologise for my late response, it took me some time trying to figure out how to reply  :D

Send out my Love
Twahab
  •  

Laurie

Hi Again Twahab,

We are glad to have you here. I hope you did follow up and request approval from Susan for your survey. She does sometimes allow such things but they do need to follow protocol first.

Hugs,
   Laurie
April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis