Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Deed poll UK

Started by virtualverny, February 19, 2018, 02:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualverny

hello!
my deed poll application was sent in over a week ago, and i should've gotten my documents by now, but they're not here. this is affecting my school applications as i can't send them in with a name that is yet to legally be my own. i used the UK Deed Poll Service. have any of you people had experiences with them, and is this normal? i'm getting antsy!!
  •  

Devlyn

Hey! I don't have any information but I'm going to bump your thread and send a link to someone who might be able to help you.  :)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Elis

You can simply print off a free deed poll and use that. It's a total scam that companies charge money for a deed poll.
They/them pronouns preferred.

•  

Shambles

Quote from: Elis on February 20, 2018, 12:59:13 AM
You can simply print off a free deed poll and use that. It's a total scam that companies charge money for a deed poll.

This. The deed poll is more of an action you take rarther than something you apply for. Print the free one off sign by witnesses and your legaly your new name right there and then. Simple as that. Then just have to send off copies to everyone to get names changed on company regesters etc. If i can get ure money back for this 'application' and do it diy today
- Jo / Joanna

Pre-HRT Trans-Fem
16th Nov 17 - Came out to myself
7th Jan 18 - Came out to wife
31st Jan 18 - Referred to GIC / might be seen in 2020
Oct 18 - Fully out at one job, part out at another
Nov 18 - Out to close family
  •  

Megan.

Heya [emoji4],  I'll agree with what's been said previously. In the UK,  all you need to do is print a form (plenty of online templates) and sign it along with any required witnesses. That's it,  you're legal! [emoji16]

Sent from my MI 5s using Tapatalk

•  

Kylo

You can write your own, but if you have one drawn up that looks official and have a witness sign and address it, people don't question it if you have to show it to them.
"If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
  •