Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

GRS at Boston Medical Center/BMC Dr. Oates

Started by 3FingersJK, February 20, 2018, 09:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3FingersJK

Been dealing with BMC 4 years on wait list, Dr. Oates does Urology, Dr. Slama Plastic surgery does the neovaginal part your on the table 6-7 hours due to multiple surgeons. Am first one outside Boston city limits getting this on 2/27/18. All my providers an I have experienced years of frustration dealing with BMC lack of communication or misinformation. Pam Klein is Nurse Liason with clinic work part time only hard to reach. They require 4 times more genital electrolysis than other surgeons hard finding electrolysis who does this found Karen Essa in Northampton,MA who been doing this 38 yrs is good affordable knows most surgeons as i do. MassHealth is covering my procedure Baystate in Springfield MA did top 2 years prior
  •  

Devlyn

You must be getting excited with your date coming up!

My contact with Dr Oates office was Erica Baptista. My primary care physician was able to contact Dr Oates immediately when I ran into an issue during healing.

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

mm

3FingersJK, good luck to you and keep us updated on how you are doing.
  •  

Kendra

Hello 3FingersJK, welcome to Susan's Place! 

Since this was your first post I'll add information to help with navigation and site guidelines.  Susan's has unique requirements for posting - details are in the Terms of Service.

Things that you should read

When you get a chance, would be awesome if you can introduce yourself in the Introductions Forum.

Best wishes on your surgery next week - and welcome to the neighborhood!

Kendra
Assigned male at birth 1963.  Decided I wanted to be a girl in 1971.  Laser 2014-16, electrolysis 2015-17, HRT 7/2017, GCS 1/2018, VFS 3/2018, FFS 5/2018, Labiaplasty & BA 7/2018. 
  •  

TinaVane

tomorrow is the day
sending positive thoughts
C'est Si Bon
  •  

Briezy

Quote from: 3FingersJK on February 20, 2018, 09:21:20 AM
Been dealing with BMC 4 years on wait list, Dr. Oates does Urology, Dr. Slama Plastic surgery does the neovaginal part your on the table 6-7 hours due to multiple surgeons. Am first one outside Boston city limits getting this on 2/27/18. All my providers an I have experienced years of frustration dealing with BMC lack of communication or misinformation. Pam Klein is Nurse Liason with clinic work part time only hard to reach. They require 4 times more genital electrolysis than other surgeons hard finding electrolysis who does this found Karen Essa in Northampton,MA who been doing this 38 yrs is good affordable knows most surgeons as i do. MassHealth is covering my procedure Baystate in Springfield MA did top 2 years prior
Please let us know how you made out. I had an orchiectomy with Dr. Oates a year ago. I would really like to know how the surgery/care/results are for grs at bmc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Brie Katherine  :-*

•