Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Fairly recent vaginal construction surgery

Started by 123trans, February 27, 2018, 08:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123trans

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but has anybody heard of this (or had success) with the vaginal construction surgery mentioned in this article:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/09/13/transgender-woman-gets-revolutionary-new-vaginal-surgery-she-helped-to-create/amp/

This seems like a viable option. Honestly, I'm not too familiar with all the options, but this seems awesome!

Any comments appreciated.
  •  

tgirlamg

Quote from: 123trans on February 27, 2018, 08:58:11 PM
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but has anybody heard of this (or had success) with the vaginal construction surgery mentioned in this article:

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/09/13/transgender-woman-gets-revolutionary-new-vaginal-surgery-she-helped-to-create/amp/

This seems like a viable option. Honestly, I'm not too familiar with all the options, but this seems awesome!

Hi 123 and welcome to the forum sister!!!

I looked at the article... I am not familiar with using the abdominal tissue technique, it sounds somewhat like the sigmoid colon technique used to achieve depth but, I thought a couple statements in the article were inaccurate or somewhat misleading... I had GRS with Dr Bowers in 2015, so my statements are based on her technique and my preparation... my results are very much mucosal on the inside and self lubricating upon stimulation via the cowpers gland which Dr Bowers leaves in place and I have never had an issue with hair inside after doing the prescribed amount of hair removal before hand... There are a few girls around here who have had experience with Dr Ting ...

If you are moving towards GRS... keep asking questions and researching... there is much to learn and consider!!!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 😀❤️🌻
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment" ... Ralph Waldo Emerson 🌸

"The individual has always had to struggle from being overwhelmed by the tribe... But, no price is too high for the privilege of owning yourself" ... Rudyard Kipling 🌸

Let go of the things that no longer serve you... Let go of the pretense of the false persona, it is not you... Let go of the armor that you have worn for a lifetime, to serve the expectations of others and, to protect the woman inside... She needs protection no longer.... She is tired of hiding and more courageous than you know... Let her prove that to you....Let her step out of the dark and feel the light upon her face.... amg🌸

Ashley's Corner: https://www.susans.org/index.php/topic,247549.0.html 🌻
  •  

Jessica

Quote from: tgirlamc on February 27, 2018, 09:16:25 PM
Hi 123 and welcome to the forum sister!!!

I looked at the article... I am not familiar with using the abdominal tissue technique but I thought a couple statements in there were inaccurate or somewhat misleading... I had GRS with Dr Bowers in 2015, so my statements are based on her technique and my preparation... my results are very much mucosal on the inside and self lubricating upon stimulation via the cowpers gland which Dr Bowers leaves in place and I have never had an issue with hair inside after doing the prescribed amount of hair removal before hand... There are a few girls around here who have had experience with Dr Ting ...

If you are moving towards GRS... keep asking questions and researching... there is much to learn and consider!!!

Onward we go brave sister!!!

Ashley 😀❤️🌻

Ashley!  Thank you for sharing this .  If I was to go forward with grs, I was considering the procedure that 123trans mentioned. Your results are what I would want.  So now I know that Bowers procedure is good.  They are making advancements all the time.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Smiles, Jessica

"If you go out looking for friends, you are going to find they are very scarce.  If you go out to be a friend, you'll find them everywhere."

•  

Sydney_NYC

Quote from: 123trans on February 27, 2018, 08:58:11 PM

One of the nurse practitioners for Dr Rachael Bluebond-Langner and I were talking about this procedure the day I was being released from the hospital after my GCS surgery. She was telling me how it looks promising, but there are still a lot of unknowns with this procedure especially with long-term results and possible complications down the road.
Sydney

Born - 1970
Came Out To Self/Wife - Sept-21-2013
Started therapy - Oct-15-2013
Laser and Electrolysis - Oct-24-2013
HRT - Dec-12-2013
Full time - Mar-15-2014
Name change  - June-23-2014
GCS - Nov-2-2017 (Dr Rachel Bluebond-Langner)

•  

123trans

I know it's been a while, but thanks for the kind responses!
  •  

josie76

I have been trying to research the periotoneal vaginoplasty. It seems a small number of surgeries are being done as a sort of proof for use on transwomen in India. The gynocologist who developed the "laproscopically pull through periotoneal vaginoplasty" for women with Mullerian agenesis and those with CAIS seems was involved.

His studies showed normal vaginal like tissues forming from the periotoneal tissues by what he termed "progenator cells". For those women who received the surgery the big plus is no need for life long dialation to prevent tissues fusing or shrinkage as well as natal like secretions. He performed this on girls from 2003 to 2013 and followed up recently with them.
This gynocologist also originated transplant of ovarian tissues. For instance he developed removal of the outer egg carrying region before chemotherapy. Later the frozen tissue can be reimplanted. Patients have been able to ovulate and get pregnant after chemo.

So a place in India was supposed to have organized GCS for transgirls using him and other plastic surgeons. I am still trying to find out more about this. However the information I have gleaned so far is that no penile inversion was needed. They used penile and scrotal skin for the inner and outer labia. I can see this as a positive.

In normal penile inversion the skin must be streched in order to get the inverted penile skin down to the correct position. Then new openings have to be made for the ureathra and neoclitoris. With this other method the neoclitoris can be positioned under the natural hood like skin structure. Seems like less chance of pulling stitches with the skin not stretched so much.

I really hope this ends up being a viable option
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•  

herekitten

You can google Jazz Jennings. Dr. Bowers used the new technique with her. Due to Jazz' puberty blockers, there was not enough material down there for a traditional procedure.
It is the lives we encounter that make life worth living. - Guy De Maupassant
  •  

josie76

So what I have read indicates that Dr Ting removed peritoneal tissue then reattached it as lining for an inverted penile skin.

Other surgeons use the periotoneal tissues only if extra depth is needed.

The other approach so far not commonly implemented for us than girls has been used for some time. Look up papers by Dr. Pravin Mhatre. It was his papers that appearently we're Dr Ting's basis of inspiration.

Reading up on the periotoneal membrane, it has two fluid producing layers but also has epidural type cells as part of it's outer sheath.

Steps-of-peritoneal-vaginoplasty-Used-with-permission-of-Xochitl-Vinaja-2017-Color
04/26/2018 bi-lateral orchiectomy

A lifetime of depression and repressed emotions is nothing more than existence. I for one want to live now not just exist!

•