Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Does anyone here Quilt or sew?

Started by Yeti, February 27, 2018, 09:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yeti

Hi its Yeti,
I was just wondering if anyone sewed or even quilted on here.  I'm not much into sewing but I'm an avid quitter or was until some surgeries a couple years ago.  I'm just now getting my back into the necessary condition to begin to quilt again.  As much as I love it and find it peaceful, I also find it aggravating since I know where the mistakes are.  Has anyone figured out how to "just let it go" yet?  Also I do know there are male quilters out there but have yet to meet one and I have show quilts I don't know if I'll be too dysphoric to be at the show with.  Please let me know.  Thanks.
  •  

The Flying Lemur

I sew.  Not as much as I used to, but I still do it here and there.  It helps a lot that I can alter male clothes to fit my less-than-ideally-proportioned body.  FWIW, I know cis guys who sew.  It's a useful skill.
The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. --Joseph Campbell
  •  

Deborah

When I used to do Civil War reenacting I hand made a shirt from a pattern complete with hand stitched button holes.  It was a lot of work but it ended up really nice and 100 percent 19th century authentic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being....  - Dan Barker

U.S. Army Retired
  •