Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Nail Polish Remover. Sort of in Relation to my Previous Post about Nail Polish.

Started by Jenntrans, March 01, 2018, 02:50:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jenntrans

Nail polish remover. Yes it takes the polish off and then you really need to add a little lotion to your nails to keep them healthy. But does everyone know you can buy nail polish remover at Lowes, Home Depot, any hardware section of any big box store and any hardware store or auto parts store for cheaper?

The main ingredient in Nail Polish remover is Acetone and you can buy a gallon for cheaper than you can buy a gallon of Nail polish remover in the beauty section of any store. Just use your old nail polish remover bottle and put pure acetone in it plus ten percent water if pure acetone worries you. The only thing is that Nailpolish remover has a few extra scents in it and roughly 10 percent water but mostly it is the acetone that removes the polish.

But one word of advice, either with pure acetone to remove polish or nail polish remover always use moisturizer on your hands and especially coat your nails afterwards. I use hand moisturizer on my hands and arms four times a day at least. So no big deal one more time.
  •  

Nova_Noelle

I wonder if the nail salons know about this and buy in bulk, lol.   ;D

With Love,
Noelle
Have courage and be kind.
  •  

Dena

Commercial nail polish remover may also contain a skin friendly oil as acetone will really dry the skin out if it comes in contact with it. I haven't had a bottle of it in a long time because nail polish destroys my nails but as I remember the remover was a bit different than acetone right out of the can.
Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •