Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Funniest Moments in Transition

Started by emma-f, March 06, 2018, 03:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emma-f

I posted yesterday about how I had male failed even when wearing a suit etc and it got me thinking that we often talk about the happy and sad parts of transition but never the funny. So I thought I'd start this thread about the funny parts of transition.

Anyway, here's mine.

I was flying from the UK to the Far East on Etihad. My passport is male and as I was flying via Abu Dhabi I thought I'd better go as male as I could. Clearly I failed, as I was ma'am'd all the way through, including on the plane (and I had a business class upgrade, so they were surely aware of my gender from the manifest, but still).

Anyway, I'm passing through security and with the new body scanners apparently they have a pink or blue button as to whether the person going through is male or female, so it can scan the body for anomalies. I go through and it beeps. The security guard says to me "excuse me ma'am, the scanner shows a suspicious package in your underwear" and I replied, without thinking (and in as manly a voice as I could muster) "yes, that'd be my penis". I don't think anyone has ever looked quite as unsure of what to do as the poor security guard, but anyway he just ushered me back to my hand luggage and I was on my way (without any search for the suspicious package).

And now, whenever it comes up in any conversation, my penis is now known as my "suspicious package". Always makes me chuckle when I think of it.
  •  

Denise

Quote from: emma-f on March 06, 2018, 03:05:24 PM
I posted yesterday about how I had male failed even when wearing a suit etc and it got me thinking that we often talk about the happy and sad parts of transition but never the funny. So I thought I'd start this thread about the funny parts of transition.

Anyway, here's mine.

I was flying from the UK to the Far East on Etihad. My passport is male and as I was flying via Abu Dhabi I thought I'd better go as male as I could. Clearly I failed, as I was ma'am'd all the way through, including on the plane (and I had a business class upgrade, so they were surely aware of my gender from the manifest, but still).

Anyway, I'm passing through security and with the new body scanners apparently they have a pink or blue button as to whether the person going through is male or female, so it can scan the body for anomalies. I go through and it beeps. The security guard says to me "excuse me ma'am, the scanner shows a suspicious package in your underwear" and I replied, without thinking (and in as manly a voice as I could muster) "yes, that'd be my penis". I don't think anyone has ever looked quite as unsure of what to do as the poor security guard, but anyway he just ushered me back to my hand luggage and I was on my way (without any search for the suspicious package).

And now, whenever it comes up in any conversation, my penis is now known as my "suspicious package". Always makes me chuckle when I think of it.
First congratulations on the constant male fail.  I would say that story is funnier than I could come up with.  You're reaction was perfect.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

1st Person out: 16-Oct-2015
Restarted Spironolactone 26-Aug-2016
Restarted Estradiol Valerate: 02-Nov-2016
Full time: 02-Mar-2017
Breast Augmentation (Schechter): 31-Oct-2017
FFS (Walton in Chicago): 25-Sep-2018
Vaginoplasty (Schechter): 13-Dec-2018

A haiku in honor of my grandmother who loved them.

The Voices are Gone
Living Life to the Fullest
I am just Denise
  •  

KathyLauren

Emma, it's going to be pretty hard for anyone to top that!   :D
2015-07-04 Awakening; 2015-11-15 Out to self; 2016-06-22 Out to wife; 2016-10-27 First time presenting in public; 2017-01-20 Started HRT!!; 2017-04-20 Out publicly; 2017-07-10 Legal name change; 2019-02-15 Approval for GRS; 2019-08-02 Official gender change; 2020-03-11 GRS; 2020-09-17 New birth certificate
  •  

emma-f

I thought I'd just add to this one as I had another fairly funny moment. I had breast augmentation yesterday and I was getting my admission questions from the nurse. Anyway, she asked me

"When was your last period"
Me "erm I don't have periods"
"Oh have you started the menopause"
"No, I have no uterus or womb"

She just went onto the next questions

Felt quite good after that exchange!!
  •  

Mendi

Talking at work about children with a just about graduating midwife.

Me: I unfortunately cannot have have children, even when I would have liked to. This body was wrecked from the beginning. And now it´s too late in anycase.

Midwife: Has it been examined? It doesn´t mean that you couldn´t be a mother and be pregnant and give birth.

Me:.....
  •  

Eryn T

Great stuff, ladies!  Especially the first one at the airport!  :D

I haven't been transitioning for long, I foresee many super happy moments, several sad ones, and a few funny ones in between, this probably isn't super 'funny' but I thought it might be worth sharing here.

So, I was working at a drug store for about 11 hours one day dressed like this:

I was talking to these two co-worker ladies for a good majority of the time, and I also talked to this manager who I've talked to a few times in the past before my transition.

Then the manager guy was about to leave and was talking to the two ladies while at the short open-end of an aisle I was working at. I overheard him in the conversation say, "I see him here sometimes. I asked him what he does." And one of the ladies corrected him saying, "Don't you mean, her?"

And then there was an audible pause where I could practically feel him looking down the aisle at me while I worked, and then the two ladies laughed and they all dispersed.
Looking to make and keep friends! Spreading the love, now that I can truly love myself!

Transition Blog: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,237152.msg2131598.html#msg2131598

Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd5cx6Iok3BQYrGwdYbVqWA

Twitter: https://twitter.com/_TransGaming_
  •  

WishnHopeN

Filed under wardrobe malfunctions: When my friend has to inform me that something is amiss downunder she says, "looks like the boys are trying to jump out of the car". 
  •  

Julie -2010

Emma,

I love the airport story.

I've had a couple of male fails but the one I really chuckled at was also at a airport.

So we were in customs and waiting in line.  I'm in male mode with my wife and one of my sons.  I'm in front on them and we reach the front of the line.  There is a lady there that directs people to the next opening.  My son kind of moves in front of me and this lady starts telling him no, don't cut in front of this lady (she referred to me).  My son and I just start laughing.  My wife wasn't that amused.

Julie
"me to be my true and authentic self, my own person, one who belonged to the infinitely loving Creator, with all the inherent flaws that come with it."  - Jonathan S. Williams
  •