News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Greetings!!

Started by Chanteur, March 08, 2018, 12:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chanteur

Greetings everyone,

I have perused the site for time getting information before. I am 31 (32 on Sunday), MtF transgender. Wife is cisgender hetero female (I suspect she may be asexual).

I came to terms with my transgender status last year, and began to seek counseling. Began living full time in late spring/early summer 2017.

On top of Gender Dysphoria I also have Bipolar I and ADHD. Due to lack of any services in the area, we are slowly beginning the referral process to get this treated.

I am currently living in North Mississippi. Seems to be a vacuum on providers in this region for almost any service.

Slowly going through the process. I am lucky to have insurance that covers almost everything (or has covered everything up to date). My various calls to insurance asking about coverage so far has been good.

Began speech therapy with local speech pathologist. She has never treated a transgender patient, but was willing to learn and was willing to do it (Why cant other providers have the same philosophy?). 1st endocrine appointment is next month (Excited, cannot wait... somewhat nervous). To bad it is 3 hours away. I hope they can have my labs done locally and not have to drive so far.

I am married with 1 son who is autistic (high functioning, you wouldnt know unless your versed in autism or got to know him longer). Both are accepting of my transgender status. Though wife has growing pains when I make another step (new makeup, new clothing, etc).

I am hoping to get to GRS/SRS by about Summer of 2020 given my timeline (I have a post in the transition forum asking for advice if you want to hop on down there).

•  

V M

Hi Chanteur  :icon_wave:

Welcome to Susan's Place  :)  Glad to have you here, join on in the fun

Hugs

V M
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Mika-chan

Hiya and welcome to Susan's Place, Chanteur!
  •  

Northern Star Girl

Hello Chanteur,  and WELCOME to Susan's Place.  It is nice that your time of "lurking" here has brought you to the point of joining in...  so many of our members start that way so please know that you are not alone in that regard.
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others about your transition and to read about others transition and their trials, tribulations, and successes in their transition journey.  When frustrated or if you have a sucessful moment in your journey you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. You might even find that you will make some new friends here.  Please come in and get involved at your own pace.
Again, Welcome.
Aspiringperson
****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •